Please help! This is my last resort. JB and Wallpaper issue.

ricecycle

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Hi,

I just want to thank anyone who tries to help in advance! :)
My problem is this. I first bought the iPhone 3G when it first came out and I jailbroke it when I first got it. Then Apple started with the numerous updates for the iPhone and somewhere along the line I stopped jailbreaking each and everytime there was a new update.
HOWEVER, while my phone was jailbroken, I used a 3rd party application to change my wallpaper. The particular picture used is quiet inappropriate and at that time I did not care but now it bothers the crap outta me.

No matter what my iPhone will not change wallpaper.
Last night I backed up my iPhone and erased and reset my iPhone. Low and behold IT WORKED! my wallpaper was back to factory earth picture.
Then I used my backup to reinstall my settings and phone numbers and such. The previously mentioned inappropriate wallpaper was BACK! and it is stuck once more. Is there a possible way I can back it up but not back up the wallpaper portion and just erase and rebackup my iPhone?

Or do I have to rejailbreak it to fix it? ( im not too good with that)
Or do I have to reset my iPhone and just live with not backing up my iPhone? I lose all network settings, contacts, photos, email, calendar, notes (which would be a HUGGGGGGGGGGE disappointment!) Please help! PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSE!

Sorry for the long ass post but this has been buggin me for over a YEAR and I wanna fix it.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hi,

I just want to thank anyone who tries to help in advance! :)
My problem is this. I first bought the iPhone 3G when it first came out and I jailbroke it when I first got it. Then Apple started with the numerous updates for the iPhone and somewhere along the line I stopped jailbreaking each and everytime there was a new update.
HOWEVER, while my phone was jailbroken, I used a 3rd party application to change my wallpaper. The particular picture used is quiet inappropriate and at that time I did not care but now it bothers the crap outta me.

No matter what my iPhone will not change wallpaper.
Last night I backed up my iPhone and erased and reset my iPhone. Low and behold IT WORKED! my wallpaper was back to factory earth picture.
Then I used my backup to reinstall my settings and phone numbers and such. The previously mentioned inappropriate wallpaper was BACK! and it is stuck once more. Is there a possible way I can back it up but not back up the wallpaper portion and just erase and rebackup my iPhone?

Or do I have to rejailbreak it to fix it? ( im not too good with that)
Or do I have to reset my iPhone and just live with not backing up my iPhone? I lose all network settings, contacts, photos, email, calendar, notes (which would be a HUGGGGGGGGGGE disappointment!) Please help! PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSE!

Sorry for the long ass post but this has been buggin me for over a YEAR and I wanna fix it.
Are you talking about the picture on your lock screen, like where it has the slider for "Slide to Unlock"? If so, just go into your Settings > Wallpaper and change it there.

Or are you talking about the wallpaper behind the icons?

ricecycle

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
its the screen where there is the slide to unlock.

kulohe

Aug 2, 2008
Oahu,HI
ssh into your phone and follow this path, private/var/user/library and delete the lockbackground.jpg file. you should be all set.

ricecycle

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
remember, stupid people should'nt breed!

First off, I want to thank you for your input and I will try the SSH method although Ive never done it.
But what is that comment supposed to mean? Because I am not as gifted or "smart" with this iPhone does not give you a right to say such things. Ive asked politely and I just don't feel this is necessary.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
First off, I want to thank you for your input and I will try the SSH method although Ive never done it.
But what is that comment supposed to mean? Because I am not as gifted or "smart" with this iPhone does not give you a right to say such things. Ive asked politely and I just don't feel this is necessary.
You shouldn't need to SSH anything, did you try my suggestion?

ricecycle

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
that doesn't work. Its been stuck since i jailbroke it and then installed a new version without rejailbreaking it.
i tried everything.......

ricecycle

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Just to be clear, SSH is a program that I can get from cydia once I jailbreak it right?
and once I delete the particular file I don't have to worry about this anymore right? I can select whichever wall paper without using SSH each time?