Please help! Updated 2.2 failed

nsxpert

Nov 13, 2008
:oops:Hello everyone. I'm in need of some knowledge. I tried updating my daughters iPhone from 2.1 to 2.2 and it stopped while updating. I left it to run for nearly an hour and just would not finish the process. Unfortunately I had to do a restore and she lost all of her pics, music, apps, everything. Now it shows my iTunes account info everytime she tries to buy an app. How do I change it back to her account info? Thanks in advance. In a real pinch here

jdinner

Bronze
Dec 14, 2008
Have you tried 'Sign Out' from the 'Store' tab in iTunes and then sign in with her account?
The apps should still be on the computer and Apple will allow you to re-download them for free if they were paid apps. So I'm told.

nsxpert

Nov 13, 2008
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it out this morning. It still shows only my purchased content though. It did however change the account name on the phone back so your help is very much appreciated. Any other suggestions on how to get the content back?

fc97accord

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
Vancouver
You will have to redownload it all, unless you have the apps already downloaded on another computer.

nsxpert

Nov 13, 2008
Thanks again for your replys guys. I wish there was a better way. Oh well. Still not sure why it locked up though.:oops:

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Did you check your internet connection. Well was this error during it getting it installed onto your iPhone or was it when you were getting the update installed onto your computer first?