Please help. Urgent

toom

Mar 8, 2008
Hi !

I just received my new iPhone on Saturday I cracked it via ZiPhone. But unfortunately I had to use 1.1.2. So today I decided to upgrade to 1.1.4. So I found this tutorial for doing this: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=765

I ran iTunes and recoverd everything and installed the new 1.1.4 version. After that I made the steps that are described on this site. But afterwards I had a lot of problems the phone didn't work right and now I think a catastoph happened. After installing a package via the installer the phone entered in some kind of non stop reboot. So when I start the phone the home screen appears and after maybee 10 secs the Apple logo appears again for a second and the home screen is loaded again (this repeats endlessly). I have no chance to start any application. Furthermore the phone is no longer recognized by iTunes. So I really don't know what do now. Is there some other way to perform a reset? Please help I'm totally desperated.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Hi !

I just received my new iPhone on Saturday I cracked it via ZiPhone. But unfortunately I had to use 1.1.2. So today I decided to upgrade to 1.1.4. So I found this tutorial for doing this: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=765

I ran iTunes and recoverd everything and installed the new 1.1.4 version. After that I made the steps that are described on this site. But afterwards I had a lot of problems the phone didn't work right and now I think a catastoph happened. After installing a package via the installer the phone entered in some kind of non stop reboot. So when I start the phone the home screen appears and after maybee 10 secs the Apple logo appears again for a second and the home screen is loaded again (this repeats endlessly). I have no chance to start any application. Furthermore the phone is no longer recognized by iTunes. So I really don't know what do now. Is there some other way to perform a reset? Please help I'm totally desperated.
You can try the hard reset, while your phone is cradled and iTunes is running. See if that gets you somewhere. It usually helps when nothing else will. Cradle your phone and hold the sleep/wake, and the home buttons until you get a reset. Make sure your iTunes is open while you do this.

toom

Mar 8, 2008
I just noticed that I'm still able to access the phone via ssh.

toom

Mar 8, 2008
Uuuaah, it worked. Thank you very much. Now I'm eased.