please HELP w/ email...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jdxlee

Sep 26, 2007
I'm having trouble sending emails from my iPhone. When I attempt to send an email from the iPhone, it shows that it goes through but they don't get it on the other end. I have my yahoo account setup to my phone. Please help in fixing this problem...thanks!

pepper

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
I'm having trouble sending emails from my iPhone. When I attempt to send an email from the iPhone, it shows that it goes through but they don't get it on the other end. I have my yahoo account setup to my phone. Please help in fixing this problem...thanks!
I had the same problem on Monday when I tried to reply to my emails. I got the backwards green arrow, indicating it was sent. But the were never received. Please advise...

philhh

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
I was having similar issues with sending mail, and more serious issues with receiving it. Most often, my mail program would constantly say it was retrieving mail but nothing would happen. Then I noticed I didn't have the spinning wheel just to the right of the EDGE or WiFi icon. If I restarted the phone, I would get the spinning icon, and my mail would work.

I ended up sync'ing the phone and doing a restore via iTunes. That seems to have done the trick for me so far.

Apple's small software updates to the OS of their computers (OS 10.x) notoriously caused tiny glitches here and there. Most Apple techs suggested (if not downright insisted upon) using their larger, downloadable cumulative updates.

Using this supposition, my assumption is that the small updates from 1.0.x to 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 introduced some glitches or buggy code. By syncing and then restoring the full 1.1.2 software, I hoped to get a "fresh install" of those updates in one package...thereby eliminating whatever errors may or may not be associated with incremental updates.

...if nothing else it made me feel better! :p

-Phil

I had the same problem on Monday when I tried to reply to my emails. I got the backwards green arrow, indicating it was sent. But the were never received. Please advise...

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I had a similar problem. The problem was resolved but we were uncertain of exactly how and why. I think that a mail item in the mailbox in the server was causing a problem. What I ended up doing was removing mail from the servers site and the problem was magically resolved. Unfortunately we had no idea which mail was causing the problem or why. Good luck though!

jdxlee

Sep 26, 2007
Well I only happen to have the issue when sending the emails from the iPhone, it only seems to work when you delete the email account and reinstall the email account, does anyone know if this is just a bug from the latest update or not and does anyone have a solution? Thanks

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
Well I only happen to have the issue when sending the emails from the iPhone, it only seems to work when you delete the email account and reinstall the email account, does anyone know if this is just a bug from the latest update or not and does anyone have a solution? Thanks
I send all my e-mails from the iPhone using Gmail. That way if I'm on a WiFi network with port 25 blocking I can get around it. There are so many places that sending can go wrong. It may not be your phone. Especially if you only have trouble on that one account. I've not seen this bug at all and I've sent a lot of email from my phone. As I was just reminded on another thread, rebooting sometimes help if it is on the iPhone end.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I had a similar problem. The problem was resolved but we were uncertain of exactly how and why. I think that a mail item in the mailbox in the server was causing a problem. What I ended up doing was removing mail from the servers site and the problem was magically resolved. Unfortunately we had no idea which mail was causing the problem or why. Good luck though!

About once a week, I get an email that comes in, there is no subject, no to name and no from name and supposely no content. I never click it to open. just delete it.

Now when I look on my computer, it is there, and the email for that account shows an error, and will not download anything else until I delete it, and then I delete it from the delete also.