Please help with iPhone!

Jul 11, 2008
I purchased an unlocked iPhone and I have t-mobile. When I put my sim card in, it recognizes it and the phone works, but my contacts from my sim are not there. Do I have to re-enter all my contacts? Please help me if you can.

Thanks!

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
I don't think user data (i.e. contacts) is stored on your SIM card. You are going to have to export your old phone contacts and import into your e-mail client and then sync the iPhone to get your contacts in.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I purchased an unlocked iPhone and I have t-mobile. When I put my sim card in, it recognizes it and the phone works, but my contacts from my sim are not there. Do I have to re-enter all my contacts? Please help me if you can.

Thanks!
The iPhone doesn't read the contacts from the sim. The only way to import them is by loading them all on your computer in Outlook (not outlook express) and Mail on a mac.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
You can save all your contacts from your old phone to your sim card then use the app called simport to import everything to your iPhone.

Jul 11, 2008
I don't think user data (i.e. contacts) is stored on your SIM card. You are going to have to export your old phone contacts and import into your e-mail client and then sync the iPhone to get your contacts in.
Thanks, that did it!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Another way, I believe, is if you have 2.0 go to Settings -mail, contacts, calendar and scroll down to "Import SIM Contacts"
Yep, but that's only on 2.0. That feature wasn't on the previous firmware version.