Please help with lockscreen theme

Discussion in 'Themes' started by larryo108, Mar 4, 2013.

1. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

All:

I come here asking for help. I have applied my own winterboard theme with a couple of minor changes I like to make on my own phone. While others like to remove the wallpaper gradient, I like to extend it. I like to have a full gradient, that blens with the status bar and create one complete shading gradient, so that my springboard icons do not get lost over the graffiti wallpaper I like to use. Anyways, since the change to iOS6 and an iPhone 5, I am having some issues. Please see below. On the springboard, I have everything the way I like it. However, on the lockscreen, I have a line at the bottom of the lockscreen clock and a line at the top of the slider. I cannot figure out how to remove them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, my gradient is not applied on the call screen, which truly is not that big a deal for me. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

#1 larryo108, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

3. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

Thank you Europa. I was able to download a winterboard theme from Cydia that hid it. I can't remember the exact name because I have since removed it. Just copied the file to my theme folder. But it was something similar to your lockscreen line fix. See image below.

#3 larryo108, Mar 7, 2013
  4. Grayburn

Grayburn Member
    Bronze

What did you use to move the status bar icons around?

#4 Grayburn, Mar 20, 2013
  5. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

StatusTweak. One of my favorites. Although it has not been updated for iOS6. Since I bought it for iOS5, I was able to download. The app crashes the phone when adjusting settings, but onec I got through all of that and got it the way I wanted it has worked a treat with no issues.

6. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

One other litle thing. I have even been able to figure out the phone screen with my theme. The final issue is the statusbar in the phone screen. For seem reason it is double dark on the phone screen. While I have been able to get the entire gradient to work on the phone screen, is there another part of the UIKit.framework, I need to theme on the phone screen? Thanks in advance for any final help.

#6 larryo108, Mar 20, 2013
  7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Transparent Statusbar for iOS 4 worked fine on iOS 5. I'm not sure if it still works on iOS 6. Have you tried it yet?

8. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

It doesn't work :(. The new adaptive statusbar in iOS 6 apparently makes it difficult to theme. I've tried to manually implement the Transparent Statusbar theme and my research has come up empty.

Edit: I think this has something to do with it: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2012/06/status-bar-in-ios-6-changes-colors-to-match-app.html

9. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

My statusbar actually isn't transparent elsewhere. I was theming with the same shade as the gradient to remove the darker line at the bottom of the statusbar that was there in iOS5. I may do some testing tonight though to see if I can just extend the gradient through the statusbar on the homescreen, lockscreen, and callscreen and make the status bar completely transparent.

That said, based on what Kadelic stated, I am not sure that will work either.

10. Grayburn

Grayburn Member
    Bronze

Just had a search for it on Cydia and it seems i had bought it too. Shame it's not been updated yet.

11. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

If you have previously bought StatusTweak, you can download and install it. It will crash as you go through the settings, but once you get it all set up it works great.