Please help, you probably had this happen

Medeiros2227

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
dunno
iPhone keeps connecting and disconnecting, and i need to restore but cant , can anyone help?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Connecting and disconnecting from your computer? or Connecting and disconnecting from WiFi or Edge?

Sounds like a dodgy cable or USB port if the former.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Is the phone modified?
yes, it'd jailbroken, but not unlocked. He has the same question posted in another thread.

To the OP - check your cables and make sure they are good. If you are CERTAIN that your cables are good, then press and hold the home key and the sleep/power key until you see a yellow triangle on your screen, or the iTunes logo w/a usb cord on your screen. This is the restore screen, and iTunes will do a restore on your phone. But I can not stress this enough...

MAKE SURE YOU CABLES ARE GOOD, OTHER WISE YOU'LL BE STUCK IN THE RESTORE LOOP, AND YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE YOUR PHONE UNTIL YOU HAVE GOOD CABLES AND ARE ABLE TO RESTORE.

Good luck.

-PS I'm posting how to restore, based on your request in another thread. Ignore this post if you are no longer trying to restore and update.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'd bet it's a cable issue. It happened to me once (the phone was un-modified) when I was using my old iPod's cable to sync. I changed cables and it worked fine.

- John