Please Help...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

marcf

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Hello All:

I'm attempting to modify my iPhone and am looking to replace the icons as well as the background, but I am having no luck at all. I'm not a programmar or coder, so I'm a BIG amateur when it comes to all that. I was hoping someone might have the time to walk me through the process of changing those things. I would even be willing to pay you for your time, if you like. I'm losing patience here, and just don't know what to do.

If someone is up for helping me, please contact me at marcfischbein[at]yahoo.com

I'm looking forward to hearing from someone.

Kind Regards,

Marc

marcf

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Here is what I have done so far...

Ok, here are the icons and background I'm looking to put onto the iPhone.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=245

I put these icons into the phonedmg folder and labeled them like this clock.png, phone.png, etc.

The background, I have no idea how to do, so I did just the icons, but if you know how to do the background from what I sent you, that would be great as well.

I opened up terminal and followed the tutorial and put all the icons in terminal. When I finished and started my phone again, none of the icons were there. I'm not quite sure what I am missing here.

So, that is the background and where I am at.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Ok, here are the icons and background I'm looking to put onto the iPhone.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=245

I put these icons into the phonedmg folder and labeled them like this clock.png, phone.png, etc.

The background, I have no idea how to do, so I did just the icons, but if you know how to do the background from what I sent you, that would be great as well.

I opened up terminal and followed the tutorial and put all the icons in terminal. When I finished and started my phone again, none of the icons were there. I'm not quite sure what I am missing here.

So, that is the background and where I am at.
background is just background.png

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
I don't know how to add a background i know how to do it if its like a complete theme from modmyiPhone, 9 is okay, but i don't know how to add a background just to tell u.

marcf

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
That is where I got it from...I believe it is a complete theme....

Thanks..

Marc

I don't know how to add a background i know how to do it if its like a complete theme from modmyiPhone, 9 is okay, but i don't know how to add a background just to tell u.