Please make this "transparent" for me

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I have this pic of my tattoo that JJ made into a black and white jpeg for me. I would like it to be just itself so when I put it on my iweb page it shows just it and not the white square. I think this is called transparent. Hippo made me one of a different kokopelli a while back. Can someone do it to this one for me? I do not have photoshop. thanks!

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Here you go, if you make it a jpg, it's going to have a background color, you will need to leave it as a png or convert it to .gif.

Attachments

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
shutter, looks like yours is a jpeg too.

maybe this one will do the trick...

i touched up the inside a bit too.

and koko, if you're interested, i did all of that with GIMP, which is free.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
That's funny cause I uploaded it as a png.

Last edited by a moderator:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
thanks guys! I appreciate the touch-up, too! I will try it on my site now. And I bookmarked the GIMP thing to check out when I am not so tired.

Thanks again! :)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Is it supposed to be fuzzy on the edges?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Doubtful...looks like over compression to me, shouldn't be too hard to clean up, I'm just not patient enough in PS to do that much work one of the reasons I'll only be a good photographer instead of a great photographer.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Is it supposed to be fuzzy on the edges?
It started as a pic of my tattoo then JJ made it black with white background for me so that no one had to see my flesh. lol I use it as an avatar sometimes.

The fuzzy edges do not bother me. Not going to complain about people doing me favors. It works great now. I got the black image over the colored background on my site.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
It started as a pic of my tattoo then JJ made it black with white background for me so that no one had to see my flesh. lol I use it as an avatar sometimes.

The fuzzy edges do not bother me. Not going to complain about people doing me favors. It works great now. I got the black image over the colored background on my site.
Since you said you wouldn't complain about people doing you favors I made something for you. Look through iRovr posts until you find it.:p

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Since you said you wouldn't complain about people doing you favors I made something for you. Look through iRovr posts until you find it.:p
I will go on there. Once in a while it boots me out and I can never remember the password!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Here ya go Kokogirl. I smoothed it out a little and adjusted the contrast in Photoshop.