Please, new to modding/ iBrickr in general. Please help me out.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

extract

Oct 19, 2007
Hey guys, just bought a 8gb iPhone version 1.0.2 i believe. This is the first time Ive experimented with Ibrickr, so I am a bit skeptical. On the Ibrick website tutorial video, it said something about jailbreaking the iPhone prior to using Ibrickr to install apps/ringtones..

What confused me about this part of the video is that when you perform the 'restore' through iTunes, the guy in the video (nate) said make sure you disconnect the iPhone so it doesn't erase the phone. Do i unplug the iPhone before 'updating' or while its updating?

Also, whats the need of Ibrickr after I install installer.app and SongMaker (to make songs in my ipod feature into ringtones?) Also, with installer.app, where am i supposed to get the Applications to install if I do not require docking the iPhone onto the computer again to load applications?! Please help. Thank you!

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
Also, whats the need of Ibrickr after I install installer.app and SongMaker (to make songs in my ipod feature into ringtones?) Also, with installer.app, where am i supposed to get the Applications to install if I do not require docking the iPhone onto the computer again to load applications?! Please help. Thank you!

After you install installer.app you simply open installer.app then you open it on your iPhone and it installs apps directly to the iPhone.