Please recommend Bluetooth headphones that work with iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by jgodden, Jan 29, 2008.

1. jgodden

jgodden New Member

Im looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones that would work with the iPhone. Something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MOTOROLA-HT820-WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH-STEREO-HEADPHONES_W0QQitemZ280194743075QQihZ018QQcategoryZ133229QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Im thinking since iPhone doesn't have A2DP, im going to need one of those ipod connectors that hook up to the dock connection, but i don't know if that will work.

Personally, id like a pair of headphones that would work with my iPhone, and with my laptop (via bluetooth) to listen to music/watch movies.

2. jgodden

jgodden New Member

I went ahead and bought these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250209666862&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015

Im sure that setup will work with my computer, at least. And as far as I can tell, all i need now is some sort of compatible bluetooth dongle for the phone. My only question is, do i need to go with one that hooks into the headphone jack, or one that goes in the ipod connector?

Will something like this work? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jabra-A2DP-Music-Bluetooth-Adapter-A125-for-iPod-iphone_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ008QQitemZ180209670981QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

3. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

I was doing some research on a good set of over the ear headphones to listen to music on the iPhone through bluetooth and all of the ones that I have seen that are compatible all have a base that connects to the bottom port of the phone (not usable with a case on the phone on any of the ones I looked at) and there is one set that I found that has a dongle that goes in the headphone jack but it is an enormous round thing the size of a hockey puck. It defeats the purpose of having a bluetooth headset if I have to have this clunker swinging back and forth off the end of my phone. I would have to set the phone down on a table and then it isn't truly portable then is it?

http://www.myblueant.com/x5_stereo_bluetooth_headset_headphones_a2dp.htm

4. devilsmaster

devilsmaster New Member

Sorry buddy ,i don't have blue tooth headphones so can't say anything.

5. Linda

Linda New Member

I'm looking at getting Bluetooth Headphones for my IPad. Any recommendations?

6. Uwe

Uwe New Member

Try plantronics backbeat 903+.

7. Snapdragon

Snapdragon New Member

Thanks for the information, I was recently disappointed to find they didn't have this item at Best Buy, instead bought the only Bluetooth headset a Rocketfish Mobile mono that was in stock at the time only to end up returning it. I did find the model you suggested on Buy.com.

8. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

9. pbateman.as

pbateman.as New Member

10. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

thoes are nice. i might get me a pair once the ones i have now no longer work

11. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

12. pbateman.as

pbateman.as New Member

13. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

They stay in my ear pretty well. I only use them at they gym. I don't do much running to say if they stay in or not. I'll maybe adjust them once. Also, I use the comply foam tips and not the stock tips.

14. pbateman.as

pbateman.as New Member

Just ordered a pair from Amazon. Looking forward to trying them out. Thanks

15. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

very nice! I think you'll be happy with them.

16. pbateman.as

pbateman.as New Member

They were delivered today and I really like them. Sound good, especially for Bluetooth and are very light and comfortable. Thanks for the recommendation!

17. >>|ZERO|<<

>>|ZERO|<< New Member

Wasn't amazon a book selling site?

18. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

Awesome! They'll sound better once you burn them in over time. I agree, they are extremely light.

19. Shan S.

Shan S. New Member

I have been using the Motorola S9 and Motorola S9-HD for a couple of years now. The S9's are a great set of blue tooth headphones with good range .

Here is the link for the S9-hd which is a couple years old but in all reviews they have always done well, and have a really good sound quality.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LXR0BW/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000NKCO5Q&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=01KKVTGMTCYCH0FR4VJD

They have have been replaced by the S10-HD. I have not tried those yet, but most reviews I have read say the S9 series is still better sounding.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-S10-HD-Bluetooth-Headphones-Packaging/dp/B004BHCSQC/ref=dp_ob_title_def

20. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver