Please someone........

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Jason Jimenez, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Jason Jimenez

Jason Jimenez New Member

So, about a week ago I found this guy selling an iphone on Facebook Craigslist page. I wanted to switch to metro so I called Sprint prior to purchase. Sprint said if the phone is payed off, and no balwnce due, I could unlock it. So I called corporate, they told me i was in the clear. So I purchased it. I called Metro to get my daughters line switched over, and I was informed it was network locked. I spent a few days going back and forth to my local Sprint, Apple, and Sprint Corporate. So.......I bit the bullet and paid a service to Network unlock it. I enter the code, its unlocked, and then.........There is another lock! Activation Lock I guess. How can I fix this? Am I out the 200, plus the 60 for the network unlock? Someone please help......

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Are you still in contact with the seller? The activation lock is a feature that is designed to prevent anyone from using a stolen device. Contact the seller and see if he forgot to sign out of iCloud and restore the phone prior to sale. If he doesn't respond or doesn't know the password, it's a stolen phone.

Always check the activation lock, blacklist status and carrier unlock remotely prior to purchasing an iPhone.

3. Jason Jimenez

Jason Jimenez New Member

I tried to ask the guy I purchased it from and he cant contact the original owner. The phone is NOT stolen or reported stolen. It has been inactive for months.

#3 Jason Jimenez, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
  4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Well, the original owner didn't sign out of iCloud Find My iPhone, and that makes the phone unusable to anyone else.