Please tell me there is someone out there who's

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
3G iPhone takes 10 - 15 minutes to download an app from the app store directly to their phone ... and takes the same amount of time to install and application going from iTunes.

I have restored 8 times. I have deleted the original firmware file and made iTunes download an new file ... same thing. I've jailbroken ... same thing.

The blue bar on the app goes to 3/4 and it goes from downloading to installing. THis is where it hangs. 4 minutes later it will move full bar. Then the bar empties. Then 4 minutes later it goes 3/4. Then goest full for like 4 minutes. THen finally finished.

I have timed it to other 3G iPhones then mine goes for the first time to 3/4 theirs is finished completely....

Is anyone else faced with this issue out there? Have you found a way to fix this?

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
it's not even funny. Wheel spins ... Goes away bar is still there saying installing. Spins again up top next to the wifi bars ... Stops. It is maddening. I mean like drives you insane.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
let me just put this in perspective for people who don't know how long it really takes. It just took me 30 minutes to update an application. Not a big one I might ad either. It sucks. It ruins the whole experience.

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
When I download an app o nmy iPhone 3G it takes anywhere from 5-7 minutes to completely install. If you don't do anything while it's installing you don't have problems like the one above (about the wheel spinning by the signal bars but the app never installs.) When I first got the 2.0 update I was trying to browse the app store while an app was installing and it kept freezing/never installing the app. Since then, I just let it install before I do anything with it and I've never experienced it since.

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Same here, takes forever to install after downloading it.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
So I guess it would be best to download apps then take a nap and hope that when you wake up their done ;)
funny you should say that because last night I hit update all and went to bed. When I woke up this morning 3 of 5 completed install and I get a message like 10 times saying this can't install next time you sync withiTunes on you computer it will be completed. Them I hve the option to click done or retry. I click done. I am done.

And someone said don't open any apps or do anything ... I've tried that and I don't do anything. The only thing I do it tap the screen every 45 seconds when the phone screen wants the time out and shut off. Same issue. Thing install when the screen is off though. However, no time difference.

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
It happens with larger Apss for me (larger games, etc.) The free one's do not give me a problem, usually. I think one gave me a headache, but nothing since.

CharQuake

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
it's best to download apps on wifi they're such large files they need a constant fast connection to download

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Ok. So I think I'm on to something. I restored again my phone was just acting just ridiculous. When I restored this time I restored to a back up from like May of this year. Went great apps started flying on like normal speed from iTunes. As soon as it went to install stupid (awesome game but stupid bc I think its somewhere along the line screwing something up) Monkey Ball, its just becomes slow as hell and takes foreeeevvveerrr to install apps. Seriously, what the f***?

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
all my apps downloaded and installed in just a few min. but i only use the app store when im on wifi or 3g, never tried edge

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Yeah I only use Wifi. Never ever edge. My problems isn't download the app. Its when it goes to install it that it hangs.