PLS HELP! Contact's picture doesn't appear

Apr 24, 2008
Hi all,

Please help! I don't know why when someone calls, their pictures do not appear. After I set a contact's display picture, it automatically disappears after a while. What should I do?

Thanks in advance! :laugh2:

H

Hayesimus

are you using a Jailbroken phone? Or a stock one?

H

Hayesimus

Also, what firmware? When you ask for help those things really affect the answer you will need.

Apr 24, 2008
Also, what firmware? When you ask for help those things really affect the answer you will need.

sorry i'm an idiot when it comes to IT stuff.. really need some help! it's a jailbroken one and it says Modem Firmware 04.04.05_G.. Version 1.1.4..

H

Hayesimus

okay. yeah 1.1.4 is what we need to know. So since you are jailbroken, what kind of apps have you put on your phone? I had an issue one time where an app kept resetting my ringtones and erasing my alarm settings. Is it something similar with your picture situation perhaps?

Apr 24, 2008
okay. yeah 1.1.4 is what we need to know. So since you are jailbroken, what kind of apps have you put on your phone? I had an issue one time where an app kept resetting my ringtones and erasing my alarm settings. Is it something similar with your picture situation perhaps?
thanks Hayesimus, i wish i could just pass you my phone right now. okay the applications i have are SMBPrefs, Customize, Installer, SwirlyMMS, BossPrefs, weTool, Poof, Flashlight, VNotes, Showtime, ParkingLot, NES, Pool, Tetris, iZoo, FiveDice, iSolitaire, Garf, TextTwist, Gemlogic, Sketches, Millionaire, EvolutionRGB, iMemory, WeSpot and ipokereval.

i really don't know which app (if it is) is causing the problem! and i can't remember when the problem started (after downloading which app) because it just suddenly happened without me knowing!

sorry for the longwinded post and thanks for your help again! appreciate it :laugh2:

H

Hayesimus

Hmmm. I also use or have used SMBPrefs, Customize, Installer(naturally), BossPrefs, weTool, Poof, Flashlight, VNotes, NES, Tetris, FiveDice, Garf, and Sketches. The rest i've not bothered downloading. So, am I correct in thinking that most of the others are games? I know what SwirlyMMS is, but I'm not sure what Parkinglot, evolutionRGB, iMemory, and WeSpot are.

Apr 24, 2008
Hmmm. I also use or have used SMBPrefs, Customize, Installer(naturally), BossPrefs, weTool, Poof, Flashlight, VNotes, NES, Tetris, FiveDice, Garf, and Sketches. The rest i've not bothered downloading. So, am I correct in thinking that most of the others are games? I know what SwirlyMMS is, but I'm not sure what Parkinglot, evolutionRGB, iMemory, and WeSpot are.
ok, so do you suggest i delete those and see if my contact pictures appear again? should i do that? or?

H

Hayesimus

well that's entirely up to you. I would say that if it is just a game, it wouldn't interfere with that feature of your phone. I had issues with things while I had customize so I uninstalled it until they work some kinks out. But again, i don't think that's what's causing your problem. How often do you sync your phone with your computer? Do the pictures ever show up properly? Like do they work and then you sync and then they stop working?

Apr 24, 2008
well that's entirely up to you. I would say that if it is just a game, it wouldn't interfere with that feature of your phone. I had issues with things while I had customize so I uninstalled it until they work some kinks out. But again, i don't think that's what's causing your problem. How often do you sync your phone with your computer? Do the pictures ever show up properly? Like do they work and then you sync and then they stop working?
i sync my phone with my computer everyday. nope the pictures stopped appearing since about 2 weeks back.. actually the pictures appear in my photo album but when i assign a picture to a contact, the picture doesn't appear when someone calls..

H

Hayesimus

hmmmm. when you are scrolling through your contacts click on one that you have a pic set to. does it show up next to their name?

Apr 24, 2008
hmmmm. when you are scrolling through your contacts click on one that you have a pic set to. does it show up next to their name?
nope they're all gone.. :mad:
i keep setting but they just don't appear..

H

Hayesimus

hmmm. what about ringtones. have you set any ringtones to specific people? do they disappear too? I'm really stumped because as long as you are hitting save. they shouldn't NOT show up.

Apr 24, 2008
hmmm. what about ringtones. have you set any ringtones to specific people? do they disappear too? I'm really stumped because as long as you are hitting save. they shouldn't NOT show up.
SOB :(:(:( i don't know what's wrong too! nope i don't set ringtones to specific people.. i just use one ringtone for everyone. SIGHHH i want my contact pictures to show :(

H

Hayesimus

here's an idea. you can set pics to your contacts on your computer also. then when you sync they should automatically show up

are you on a pc or a mac?

H

Hayesimus

Will that affect the pics?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Just testing the waters to see how annoying it might be to start over with the contacts thing. I'm curious also if these contacts were entered from the iPhone or synced via a third-party application of some sort...

H

Hayesimus

to start over the contacts thing?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If needed. Depending on how he got the contacts into his phone, they may be corrupt somehow. I don't know why nor have I heard of such a thing, but if the poor chap can't even assign a contact picture with his phone, something is amiss.