Plug Adapter

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Lisacj, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Lisacj

Lisacj Member
    Bronze

Rumors are that the 5 (or New) will have a smaller dock connector. Any chance this phone will come with an adapter (for old chargers)? I have about 30 iPhone chargers (I work at a hotel and people leave them then don't want to pay to have them shipped back). I would hate to have no use (for myself or my daughter) for them.

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I've been thinking about this for some time, I honestly think that Apple will ship an adapter with the new phones, if they don't I think they'll sell them cheap. I hope.

I've not got thirty chargers, but I do have a lot of accessories and in car charges etc that only work with the current style of 30-Pin dock connector. For me an adapter is a definite requirement.

3. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

From what I have read (speculation) Apple will be charging $9.99 for the adapters. Not sure if they will include one with the new phone. Also read the adapter will be an Apple exclusive. Guess we will have to wait and see

4. Lisacj

Lisacj Member
    Bronze

I didn't even think about that...car chargers, iHome's...ect. That's a very good point!

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I know... the list goes on. Those 30-Pin docks are all going to be redundant in a few years and there are millions out in the wild which will need to be replaced in the next 3-4 years.

6. zacharym

zacharym New Member

You just have a bag-load of docks. I suggest try out selling them on a vendor site or to a local vendor in your area, in exchange for a good sum or anything you will need, as waiting for Apple to ship out dock accessories is not much of a hope, and even if they do, it would add to the cost. I hope there will be a few out there waiting a bunch of these.