Podcast download question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bams50, Jan 10, 2012.

1. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm a big Dave Ramsey fan and used to listen to his show for all or most of the three hours daily. However, our local talk radio station changed formats, and now I can't get his show. He does have podcasts, but my problems is my iTunes account is on the computer at my weekend house; so I can't do uploads until Saturday/Sunday.

My question is, is there a way to download a podcast absent my iTunes account? I'm not very knowledgeable, but I was hoping there was some app or technique that would allow me to somehow connect to his website and download on my weekday computer without needing iTunes.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone would know how, someone here would!:)

2. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Contributor
    Bronze

I'm sure there are many apps to do this but I use Instacast/ Instacast HD for all my podcasts.

It downloads them direct to my phone and syncs the position and played/unplaced flag between devices via iCloud.

I love it, no iTunes required!

3. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

You can download his podcast, which I the first hour of the daily show, from iTunes on your phone.

I'd use wifi if possible. If you subscribe to his site, you get the whole show. I have done it in the past.

I'm a fan. Debt is dumb.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

4. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

Ayup! He got me when I happened upon his show and heard how he opens every hour:

Live from Financial Peace Plaza it's the Dave Ramsey show- where debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of choice! (y)

His program has literally been life-changing for me!

And, thanks for the info you two, I learned something else! As it happened, I am a member of his site; so I logged in, went to the podcast page, and tapped an hour on the list and it just played! Easy as pie! Only problem is when an hour is up, I can't play another hour until I close the page and re-open in a new page. No idea why, but it's not a big deal. Just glad to have DR back!