Podcast formatting question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Myke

Jul 2, 2007
I downloaded a couple of podcasts into iTunes. I reformatted them for ipod per the iPhone manual. So after loading them in my iPhone the video won't play, I just get the audio and a single frame.

Anyone else get them to work? or is this not the right way to do it?

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I am having the exact same problem. When I tried reformatting mine iTunes said that it was already in the proper format but all I got was the audio and the first frame.

megaphore

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
did you dl the podcasts through iTunes? I transfered like 20 episodes of DL.TV to my iPhone 2 days ago and have been happily watching them on my vacation in full screen.

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Here is what is happening:

Podcast videos will show up inthe iPhone under the iPod section PODCASTS and VIDEOS.

If you go in to the Podcast area, you can play the Podcast video's but no video will show.

If you go in to the Video area, the Video Podcasts will also be listed, but this time it will play as a Video file.

No formatting is necessary.

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Didn’t work for me. I downloaded a video only podcast (diggnation). It doesn’t show up at all, anywhere. Not in podcasts, or anywhere in videos.

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Didn’t work for me. I downloaded a video only podcast (diggnation). It doesn’t show up at all, anywhere. Not in podcasts, or anywhere in videos.
Make sure you checked sync podcast in the tab in iTunes.
I choose sync last 3 episodes off all my podcasts.

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Make sure you checked sync podcast in the tab in iTunes.
I choose sync last 3 episodes off all my podcasts.
Thanks,

I have::

iTunes>Podcasts = Sync checked (all) episodes of: All podcasts

With those settings = no dice...
Can you get video podcasts to play? if so which ones?

Bschucher

Jun 30, 2007
Im having a similar problem but ot with podcasts. Im having it with Youtube vids just getting audio and no video. I have all things set correct but just cant seem to get the phone to show video

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Im having a similar problem but ot with podcasts. Im having it with Youtube vids just getting audio and no video. I have all things set correct but just cant seem to get the phone to show video
And this is using the built in YouTube application on the HomePage?

If so, then somthing is definitely wrong. There is no configuration for the YouTube application I think. Mine just plays without doing anything. I just click the video I want, and it streams it right in.

Bschucher

Jun 30, 2007
And this is using the built in YouTube application on the HomePage?

If so, then somthing is definitely wrong. There is no configuration for the YouTube application I think. Mine just plays without doing anything. I just click the video I want, and it streams it right in.

No, this is downloading them on my puter then converting them and moving them into the phone via iTunes