Podcasts app not working

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Smarty2600, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

I downloaded the new Apple podcasts app but I can't seem to download or stream many of my podcasts such as cnet podcasts. When I add the subscriptions it refuses to play the video version but if I add the mp3 version it will play. Any ideas why the app isn't playing the podcast subscriptions like it should? I have also deleted and re-downloaded the app several times but the bugs are still there. And I have a good broadband connection because even in the podcasts app some other top podcasts play video and audio just like normal.

2. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

It may be refusing to play due to video format incompatibility. I got rid of most of my CNET podcasts, so I can't be sure now, but I know that some of them were offered in HD, and in a format that may be beyond the capabilities of the hardware video decoder. Do you get an error message?

3. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

The only error message I get is that the video could not be downloaded at this time. And when I stream the podcast nothing but a continuous loading screen happens, eventually my ipad just goes to sleep. But strangely the podcast is able to stream fine from the iTunes app and the catalog search within the podcasts app. And the cnet podcasts are available in both standard definition and high definition but neither play from the podcast app when I subscribe to the podcast. I can't figure it out because the cnet show the Apple byte plays fine when I stream it from the top podcasts section but not all of the cnet podcasts are available in the top podcasts section.

4. JackNyC718Bklyn

JackNyC718Bklyn New Member

I can't even make a mp3 into a podcast ever since I updated to iTunes 11. I downgraded it to 10.7