Podiobooks

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
Looks cool! Been looking for something like this... It just showed up in iTunes today... I guess some people know about them before but this is the first that I have seen them...

macinnw

Jun 2, 2007
T-han, your post had me wondering what Podiobooks was. After checking it out, I agree.

For those that haven't checked it out, they are free podcasts of what i am guessing are public domain books or other books the authors have released the copyrights.

I'm a big audiobook listener, and after Podiobooks podcasts, the next best deal I have found is Audible.com annual plan. The cost is below $10/book. if you shop elsewhere you know that without a deal the cost per book can be about the same as a new release hardback. I hope this deal can help you with titles you can find at Podiobooks.

Thanks for sharing your find.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I'm a big audiobook listener, and after Podiobooks podcasts, the next best deal I have found is Audible.com annual plan. The cost is below $10/book. if you shop elsewhere you know that without a deal the cost per book can be about the same as a new release hardback. I hope this deal can help you with titles you can find at Podiobooks.
I listen to a lot of audiobooks as well. I will second that Audible.com is a great source for books. I have been a member for many years now. For those of you that are thinking of starting an account with them, I suggest you sign of for a year and take advantage of their $100 off an iPod or other MP3 player (when purchased from Amazon.com) deal. If you don't need an iPod, you can always sell it on eBay or give as a gift. You can find details on how take advantage of the deal here.