Podium....Yes, I bought one..

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yes, it's true, I threw down the dough for a "Platinum Podium" stand for my desk here at work. I saved a bit of money though,and I'll get to that in a minute.
I just wanted to let anyone who was looking at getting a desk stand to know that I have spent months looking for the right one. I wanted one that works with my slider case, but the only one that does is a version of the Ped3, and I don't like that thing at all. (apparently neither do a lot of reviewers)
So, after debating and searching and researching and more debating, I finally decided to get a podium.
Of all the reviews I have read, the only thing negative any of them have ever talked about was the price. Yeah, it's friggin' steep as hell for a stand, but is awesome as far as design and functionality.
Now, to help reduce the steep-ness of the price, you can save 20% by using coupon code " revolution ". That makes it about the same price as a new case and set of screen protectors, and that's how I am going to keep looking at it so I can feel justified about the purchase till it arrives.

When it gets here, I will do a review and post pics.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Wow, I have never even heard of those. They look cool. Do you have a link?
I think I'll order one.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Look HERE Europa. I remember when Hawk first mentioned this stand.....it's sexy.

Last edited by a moderator:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Man, pair that thing with a bluetooth (or wired) keyboard and that would be pretty freakin slick...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Wow, I have never even heard of those. They look cool. Do you have a link?
I think I'll order one.
Here is the address to their main page.

I ordered the Platinum version, which is the most expensive, but shiny silver goes with everything. My next choice was the peal finish ( I have a white I phone), which is about 10 bucks cheaper before the discount.

Make sure that if you order one to use that coupon code " revolution " to save yourself 20% off.
I paid for the 2 day fedex shipping and have it coming to my office, since this is where I am going to use it.

btw, I ordered it around 10AM eastern, and just got the email that it shipped at 1:30pm. Fast in-house turn around time!

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Here's a link to a review of the product. Looks cool but I'm not ready to spend $60+ for one ... yet :D

YMMV

Hmmm? Well, maybe at $48 .... but I still thinking that taking the phone out of my case to use it is kind of a deal killer for me for now.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks Hawk, I just ordered the platinum. The discount code worked and saved me $11.60 :)

MrMike, it's $53.95 with the discount including shipping.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
...but I still thinking that taking the phone out of my case to use it is kind of a deal killer for me for now.
Yes, This was my dilemma too, but since no one makes a decent stand (especially with the functionality like the podium) that accepts a iPhone in a case (except the Ped 3, and again, I don't like it, and it didn't get very good reviews from what I have read), this is the only choice - in my opinion.

I had contacted them once about whether or not they are going to make a stand that supports iPhones in a case and they said it was something that they are working on, so who knows? Maybe they will come out with an upgrade that allows you to replace the head piece with an updated one.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm going to mod mine right here, so it will work with a case.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm going to mod mine right here, so it will work with a case.
Great minds think alike. I am going to study the hell out of it before making any "adjustments" to it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'll probably mod mine within a day or two of getting it. I'll post pics here.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Wow, this is so cool. Thanks a lot, I want one now ;), the hubby will kill me if I order one more iPhone accessory!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
yeah, if I were married, I'd probably never hear the end of it, but I am not, so I bought it! I also bought the IMP500 5000mah external backup battery after reading Napoleon's review of it. I have a 5.5 hour flight coming up, and will need that battery to play my movies!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'd get one of these if it were a charger as well... Good concept, but without charging I don't think I'd use it over my dock.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I agree that having an actual dock on it would be one of the top 2 things that every desk stand needs, but it is setup to have a charging cord pass through the oval hole to plug into the phone.
Still, for as sturdy and stylish as it is, the functionality of viewing positions is the biggest selling point. There isn't anything else on the market that can position itself like this can.

There will be a review coming as soon as it gets here.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I've been looking at this for quite some time and I liked them but I wished they made it in Black and I wished that I could put the phone with the case on it in this thing. Well, both of my wishes were granted. The holder comes in a Dark Carbon color and with a self asjustment, I can get my iPhone with the Slider on it in there.

Awesome!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I've been looking at this for quite some time and I liked them but I wished they made it in Black and I wished that I could put the phone with the case on it in this thing. Well, both of my wishes were granted. The holder comes in a Dark Carbon color and with a self adjustment, I can get my iPhone with the Slider on it in there.

Awesome!
I did not see this! I now hope that mine has a self adjustment!
Where did you see that it is self adjusting for use with a case? I am still not seeing that info.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I did not see this! I now hope that mine has a self adjustment!
Where did you see that it is self adjusting for use with a case? I am still not seeing that info.

ROFLMAO! OMG! I AM SO SORRY! I have been up since 2:30am and I am no good. Now, I'm at work too. Yeah, a real productive day I'm going to have!

I meant to say that if I could make an adjustment to the holder to get my slider in then it would be perfect. I should have said all that instead of saying it had a self adjustment.

My Bad! I'm sorry. I hope there is a way to adjust it to hold the iPhone with a case in it.

I am so sleepy.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Go to bed man. I'll have mine tomorrow and i'll post a review on it tomorrow night.