Pokémon GO 1.7.0 is out, features Buddy Pokémon and support for Pokémon GO Plus (And an Easter Egg!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by Rafagon, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The new update may be available for some, but it’s not available here in Miami, Florida.

In addition to Buddy Pokémon, the update supports a wearable gadget (which will not make you look like a geek at all) to play the game without having to stare at your smartphone’s screen.

160909101714-pokemon-go-plus-780x439.jpg

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Update: Redmond Pie (the site I linked to, above) obviously didn’t do their homework. They stated that both the iOS and the Android versions of the Pokémon GO update were live. Many sites are now reporting that only the Android version of the update is trickling out. The iOS version is apparently still stuck in App Approval Hell.

I will update this thread when I personally see the update available on my iPhone app updates screen.

Speaking of the update, there is a fantastic easter egg in the new version.

If you walk 10 kilometers with Pikachu as your buddy, he will jump off the ground and onto your shoulder!

Here’s an infographic:

T9mkKv1.png

Image source: http://www.i4u.com/2016/09/115306/pokemon-go-buddy-pokemon-pikachu-easter-egg-discovered

#2 Rafagon, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Keep in mind that "App Approval Hell" is not necessarily a bad thing. You seem a bit impatient. Oh, you're an iOS user? :D

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Pokémon GO v1.7.0 is now live in the USA.

pkg1.7.0.jpg