Poll about 2.0 software - V1 ojnly

What are you going to do?

• I'm getting it as soon as it releases!

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • I'm gonna wait a few days to see if the app store is any good.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I'm waiting until someone cracks it!

Votes: 20 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Ok, so most of use have our third party apps on our V1 iPhone because we jailbroke the 1.1.4 software. With the 2.0 software so close to release, will you download it the day it comes out, wait a few days to see if its worth it, or wait until its able to be jailbroken?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I didn't vote because what I'm planning on doing isn't there.

Im going to leave V1 iPhone jailbroken on 1.1.4 and I'm going to get iPhone 3G, and leave it on stock 2.0...even if someone can hack it and its a stable system. 3G is going to stay stock and V1 is going to be the "idc" phone, if that makes sense.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
yeah well i meant the thread for people who arent getting the 3g iPhone
i forgot to put that
im just curious to see what others will do. im gonna wait to see how the 2.0 software is because i like my mods too much :)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
yeah well i meant the thread for people who arent getting the 3g iPhone
i forgot to put that
im just curious to see what others will do. im gonna wait to see how the 2.0 software is because i like my mods too much :)
Thats a good plan. But what if the App Store can offer the same things and same customization...then would you keep it stock 2.0?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
i mean my own customization ie changing icons and whatnot
my favorite thing that i did was change the blue signal bars to green and the dead bars to red so its way easier to see

i also changed like all the other icons to green too
but i also like my apps (which will most likely be in the app store)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I could live with 1.1.4/ziPhone 2.5c until the next iPhone comes out. Sure I'm as anxious to try these Appstore apps as everyone, but the fact remains that my phone does just about everything I want it to right now, and it's customized juuuust how I want it. It will take a jailbreak and full transferrance of my current apps to make me upgrade. I'll let you know when it happens!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
yeah i was kinda thinking that too
but i like the latest stuff so im still interested in 2.0
i hope there is a way to jailbreak it (might take some time though)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007

Im going to leave V1 iPhone jailbroken on 1.1.4 and I'm going to get iPhone 3G, and leave it on stock 2.0...even if someone can hack it and its a stable system. 3G is going to stay stock and V1 is going to be the "idc" phone, if that makes sense.
Exactly what I plan to do. I have no intentions of jailbreaking 2.0.

- John

thedunn805

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007

I was thinking of doing that also

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I'll leave my V1 jailbroken at 1.1.4 until we know that version 2.0 can be jailbroken. I'm porting my number to the iPhone 3G which will have the App Store. That way, even if 2.0 can't be jailbroken, I'll still be able to use it via the 3G iPhone.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland

Ditto for me too!

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I've got a 1.1.4 JB phone and will be upgrading to 2.0 when it becomes available. The only mods I have are some Summerboard themes and a few wallpapers but loosing them temporarily won't bother me. I figure someone will either JB 2.0 or there will be Apps in the App Store that'll give me what I want soon enough.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm upgrading as soon as possible. I want to try the MS Exchange asap, and I'm just a little concerned about the battery life on the iPhone 3G.

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
I'll be upgrading to 2.0 immediately. Like others have said, I can live without wallpapers and the few apps I used for some time. I'm sure the app store will have similar customization soon enough.

Curiously, my phone just left the Apple repair center in TX this afternoon (battery replaced). I wonder which firmware they installed on it? :eek:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I'll be upgrading to 2.0 immediately. Like others have said, I can live without wallpapers and the few apps I used for some time. I'm sure the app store will have similar customization soon enough.

Curiously, my phone just left the Apple repair center in TX this afternoon (battery replaced). I wonder which firmware they installed on it? :eek:
I think it's just going to be 1.1.4 and they're going to make you update it to 2.0.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
i think this is my longest thread :) yay
32 votes so far
looks like there's a lot of people getting the 3g iPhone

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
*bump

2.0 is soo tempting right now

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I've already installed 2.0 (was previously jailbroken 1.1.4) and will update when the final 2.0 comes out tomorrow or technically today. I only jailbroke to add capabilities to the phone that weren't available. Now that stable versions are coming out, for example aim, facebook, good games with actual achievements and levels i'm leaving jailbreaking behind. I want my phone completely stable, and it never can be when its jailbroken. I did love to customize my phone, but after a few months i grew out of it and decided to go back to the default theme...i give credit it Apples designs in the end they are perfect