Poll: Are you buying the Apple iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chris, Jan 27, 2010.

?

Are you buying the tablet that Apple will announce today?

1. Yes, my credit card is in hand.

23 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. No, I'm not buying it.

51 vote(s)
    68.9%
  1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Okay, this should be interesting. This is a pre-event poll of whether or not you think you'll buy the product Apple is announcing today. With everything you've read about the mythical tablet -- be it price, functionality, etc. Based upon what you've seen are you buying it today.

Feel free to expound on why you've voted one way or the other. This way, after the event, we'll see how your initial thoughts match up against the actual product.

2. The Apple

The Apple Zealot
    Gold

I see no poll.

edit. found it. but I will buy it in the future.

3. RossMc

RossMc Zealot
    Gold

Nope

I will buy my first Macbook Pro this week though if they announce a update to them today :D

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'd like to see them refresh the MacBook Air and the Apple Cinema Display --- both high on my want list.

5. RossMc

RossMc Zealot
    Gold

Yeah I was watching some video's on Youtube last night and one of them was from John4Lakers who runs TechnoBuffalo and it was from about 2 months ago and it was saying which products you would be save buying then and the normal Macbook was safe to buy as it had just been updated the same with the iMacs but he said the Macbook Pro's are due an update.

So I am going to wait for a bit.

I am able to get £200 discount off a Macbook Pro through the Apple education store when I am connected to my University network so I was happy about that :D

6. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I voted "I'm not buying it", only because I think it's focus will be on entry-level mobility computer buyers. Someone who wants the Internet on their couch -- not so much in their pocket or on their desk. They don't want to run Microsoft Office, iWork and definitely not Photoshop. They do want to update their Facebook status, browse the web and have access to all the great iPhone apps.

If you find yourself in the category of having a desktop and a laptop, then this product isn't for you. At least, that's my feeling "pre-event". Soccer moms, seniors and maybe teens if there are some productivity apps.

Hate using this reference, but it's webTV -- but in an apple-esque 2010 way.

7. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

I am not going to buy the tablet because I have no need for one. Currently my iMac and MacBook Pro are sufficient. I will however be buying the new iPhone if it is announced today. I will just have to sell my 3gs on eBay or something. I am guessing the poll was specifically for the tablet though since there is no confirmation of a new iPhone just yet. Maybe just the 4.0 software.

8. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

I voted "No, I'm not buying it." If I get another Mac product other than my iPhone, it will be either an iMac or MacBook Pro. I love the attention it's getting and am very interested to see the actual product release, but judging by what I've heard so far - it's not too interesting to me. Why in the world would I carry around a bigger iPhone? I'd rather have a full notebook.

9. The Apple

The Apple Zealot
    Gold

Ouch WebTV?

10. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I know..terrible of me to use that reference.:sneaky:

11. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

i voted im not buying it...unless it knocks my socks off. otherwise ill be purchasing a mbp shortly. i hope they have an earlier release date for the iPhone than july.

12. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

Maybe change the not so live, live blog update to today instead of tomorrow? :eek:k:eek:k:eek:k:eek:k

13. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Fixed. Thanks.

14. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

No prob, just didn't want anyone new to get confused, etc.

15. Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle New Member

x2, all of the rumors on what the "iSlate" is capable of, does nothing for me. I don't need to carry around a giant iPhone. I would like to see a new iPhone as I'm still using the 3G.

16. ronnie123

ronnie123 Member
    Bronze

I voted yes...been wanting a Kindle type reader but Kindles are not backlit. My guess is I will be able to read ebooks with this in the dark in bed (so as not to disturb wifey). All the other stuff will make it like a glorified e-reader for me.

17. L.I. Bruce Fan

Bronze

Does anybody think today's announcement will include an "available right now" with regard to either the slate or the iPhone OS?

18. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

If they announce iPhone OS 4.0 it won't be available right away to the public. It will, however, most likely be available to developers (if they announce it).

19. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

Yay for soccer moms! I am 98% sure I will buy.

20. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

the only reason i believe some type of update may be coming is because if the rumors are true it will use the iPhone os why would they release a new product with an old system and just have it do a MAJOR update in a few months. either they will release it along with some type of os update or they will just announce and show it off and leave it to be released later in the year with the new os.