Poll: Are you buying the Apple iPad?

Are you buying the tablet that Apple will announce today?

• Yes, my credit card is in hand.

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • No, I'm not buying it.

Votes: 51 68.9%

• Total voters

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
lol. I was only messing. I think the name is a little weird anyway. I preferred iTablet

iThinkiCan

Bronze
Jan 29, 2010
I was gonna buy a Macbook. I much rather save my money and get the $499 16GB WiFi Version.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I was thinking it would run the latest OSX. How very wrong...
If it was running Mac Os X, how many people here would complain that "it should have run the iPhone OS. It would make it faster, and we could use all those iPhone apps we already bought"? :(
As a proud owner of 414 apps (not all on the iPhone at the same time), I'm glad that I'll have another place to use them ...

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
IMO this is the 1st Gen iPhone all over again. iPad minus all the cool feature from the start. then they will upgrade the models in future to keep you upgrading.

Sorry if someone has already pointed this out.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
As a proud owner of 414 apps (not all on the iPhone at the same time), I'm glad that I'll have another place to use them ...
I don't think the iPhone apps take full advantage of the iPad screen though. New iPad apps have to be developed for that to happen. You would have to buy new iPad apps all over again.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I, for one, would love to play Homerun Battle 3D (Sluggers) on the big screen so maybe I might be able to read the pitches a bit better.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I don't think the iPhone apps take full advantage of the iPad screen though. New iPad apps have to be developed for that to happen. You would have to buy new iPad apps all over again.
Don't forget some of the games demoed were original iPod touch games with no modifications. The snow mobile game was one.