Poll: Battery life on 3.0

How is your battery life since upgrading to 3.0?

• Total voters

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Battery life on 3.0

Battery life has been a nightmare for me on 3.0 Thought I'd take a quick poll to see what's up with everyone else.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Lol myabe the next hardware will have a killer battery for us... Im probably not upgrading...

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
At this point, I'm glad I didn't go to 3.0. I just got a new 3G because of poor battery life.

I wonder how Apple would respond if I brought in a 3G with the 3.0 beta on it? Would it void the warranty? I'm guessing no.

Anyway, I'd like to see it before I make any decisions. The rolling back seems shady to me.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
At this point, I'm glad I didn't go to 3.0. I just got a new 3G because of poor battery life.

I wonder how Apple would respond if I brought in a 3G with the 3.0 beta on it? Would it void the warranty? I'm guessing no.

Anyway, I'd like to see it before I make any decisions. The rolling back seems shady to me.
I've quit using my iPhone as a phone. It dies too soon. I need my phone BADLY over the next 5 days and I can't have a dead phone. I know battery life is big to you, so I wouldn't recommend it, based on MY personal experience.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Thanks for this thread Ramesh, I am going back and forth on whether or not to try 3.0.
This has been a big help in making my decision.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I've quit using my iPhone as a phone. It dies too soon. I need my phone BADLY over the next 5 days and I can't have a dead phone. I know battery life is big to you, so I wouldn't recommend it, based on MY personal experience.
+1. I've only used the iPhone for 2 days after a few weeks of not using it as a phone. I'm back to the BB's. I can't rely on the battery at all. It's horrible, IMO.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm always the lucky one with battery life. My V1 honestly seems to be a bit better with 3.0. Actually, it's been better ever since I switched to push yahoo email instead of checking every 15 minutes, but even more so after 3.0

badge

Bronze
Feb 23, 2009
Bristol UK
how many of the problems people are having with iPhone is related to having had it jail broken.. just a thought..

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Warranty Void

Yes it will void the warranty especially if you tell them that its on a beta. If at all possible try and hide the new 3.0 apps and tell them you've already restored on a mac so they hopefully won't try it. Mine got stuck into restore mode (I finally fixed it) but when I took it to an Apple store they said any problems faced by beta software are not covered and basically the warranty is void. I just hope the warranty is reinstated when the official 3.0 comes out. They just either don't want to be bothered or just truly don't have the information yet to help.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'd still like to hear from a V1 3.0 user with battery issues. I've had none.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I'd still like to hear from a V1 3.0 user with battery issues. I've had none.
Oh that was me. Its not significantly worse but noticeably worse. The first day I thought it was because I was using it more, but now I think it just has to do with memory usage or something. Apps hanging and whatnot probably make the cpu work harder and use up the battery quicker. For instance, today google maps would not work. It would show the last directions I had on there and I kept waiting for it to let me push something but it was just frozen.