Poll: Best Feature of the iPad [software]

What is the best software feature of the iPad?

• Web: Browsing with Safari, viewing YouTube videos, etc.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Email: Checking, responding to email using iPad's email client

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPhone Apps: Ability to use 140,000 existing iPhone apps

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Multimedia: iTunes music, videos and photos

• iBooks: Ability to buy and read books

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Native iPad Apps: New Calendar, Contacts, Notes apps plus others created for iPad

• Total voters

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
This poll isn't whether you love or hate the iPad. Regardless of whether you are buying the iPad, I'd like you to vote on what you think the best software feature of the iPad is...

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Could you add an "all of the above" choice.
All of the software features are good.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I have decided the strong suit of this thing is books. Given time you are going to see tons of printed material of all types. I am certain Jobs is going to aim the iPad at students pretty hard.
Until flash arrives if ever, the web has to be at the bottom of the list IMO.
BTW: Chris did you ever get your twitter answer as to weather you can print from the iPad? Something I never though about.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I went with the Web browsing, despite the lack of Flash. For me, iBooks is last on the list. I can't imagine this being a good device to sit and read a book on. The Kindle has it nailed.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think that being able to use your already purchased apps is a big plus. One of the only positive things I can say at this point.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
i'd rather take my macbook tethered to my iPhone to view the web than lug around a device that doesn't support flash. I can deal with it on the iPhone because it's a phone. but a bigger device where the selling point is web browsing, lack of flash is inexcusable.

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Just curious. How can you guys say Web Browsing when there is no flash? So many sites require that now.
Not even close. There are still pleeeenty of sites without flash. The only site I ever use that has flash is Facebook and thats just for the stupid games that are usually boring anyway. As for videos, most of the videos can be viewed on YouTube.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Just curious. How can you guys say Web Browsing when there is no flash? So many sites require that now.
It's simply a matter of opinion. I see this device as the iPod Touch's older brother, it's got a huge screen- I can sit and enjoy using an interface which I like and know how to use.

Thats it from me.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The New York Times, National Geographic, Fandango, and TIME are just a few of the sites that require Flash. Oddly enough, each of those was featured yesterday.