Poll: Best Feature of the iPad [software]

What is the best software feature of the iPad?

• Web: Browsing with Safari, viewing YouTube videos, etc.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Email: Checking, responding to email using iPad's email client

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPhone Apps: Ability to use 140,000 existing iPhone apps

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Multimedia: iTunes music, videos and photos

• iBooks: Ability to buy and read books

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Native iPad Apps: New Calendar, Contacts, Notes apps plus others created for iPad

• Total voters

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I prefer to read the information, if i don't understand something, I can always re-read it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Oh come on now, that's just being naive. Not all news stories are covered in print and video. I enjoy going to sites and viewing the "Top 5" clips of the day from various shows or watching shows from their network website, such as CBS, FOX, and others.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I use the sky news app for video based news.

I'm not trying to be awkward, I think you've misread me there. I just hardly ever watch news on video. I'm not being naive whatsoever, like I said, it's a matter of opinion.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I prefer to read the information, if i don't understand something, I can always re-read it.

sounds like a newspaper would work better for you ;)

I'm not a huge fan of flash but the fact is it is everywhere on just about every site. For Apple to not allow it is inexcusable. Every phone I've had that has flash gives you the option to turn it off. The line Apple is giving about it ruining the web experience is junk. The reason they don't allow flash is because it is an avenue for users to play flash based games, stream video such as Hulu and cutting down on their sales of TV shows. They are protecting the app store, plain and simple and are puffing their chest at Adobe in the process. They are not in the slightest bit thinking about the end user because a majority of users want the full internet experience. There may be an exception, such as yourself, but if they included flash and gave you the option to disable it then everyone would be happy.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
personally, I can think of many reasons for flash as far as my usage goes. ESPN isn't nearly the same without flash. I love watching my video highlights on the fly. I can do that with the Nokia N900. I could watch live basketball games through ESPN 360 (it didn't work well over T-Mobile 3g but was great on wifi). There's no reason these other devices, especially ones like the N900 with the exact same chipset as the iPhone and the iPad having a similar processor to the Nexus One, can't run flash just as good.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
sounds like a newspaper would work better for you ;)

I'm not a huge fan of flash but the fact is it is everywhere on just about every site. For Apple to not allow it is inexcusable. Every phone I've had that has flash gives you the option to turn it off. The line Apple is giving about it ruining the web experience is junk. The reason they don't allow flash is because it is an avenue for users to play flash based games, stream video such as Hulu and cutting down on their sales of TV shows. They are protecting the app store, plain and simple and are puffing their chest at Adobe in the process. They are not in the slightest bit thinking about the end user because a majority of users want the full internet experience. There may be an exception, such as yourself, but if they included flash and gave you the option to disable it then everyone would be happy.
I totally agree with you, it is stupid. It's all so they can make more money. Don't get me wrong, it would nice to have flash, but i've lived without it for sometime now on my phone. I'm sure someone will find a way of installing it on the iPad ;)

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I voted Web because that's one of the reasons I'm getting an iPad. I could read eBooks on my iPhone or on a Kindle and do more complex computing on my MBP so the iPad will be my primary web surfer on the couch. I'm ok with no Flash support because the sites I frequent don't use much or any Flash. Besides, to me, Flash is just that...flash. It doesn't add anything significant to the content of the site.