Poll - How many of you have a stuck or dead pixel on your 3GS?

Do you have a stuck or dead pixel(s)

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 93.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bparkerson04

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
If you could, tell me whether you are going to live with it, or are going to take it back, or have taken it back. If you took it back, did your new phone have a perfect screen, or did it have problems as well? I am trying to decide whether or not I should exchange my phone for 1 dead pixel (possibly 2, but they are stuck together). Thanks!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I can tell you now, take it back. They will exchange it.

bparkerson04

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
My fear is I am going to get a replacement, and it is going to have a stuck pixel instead of a dead pixel, and I'll see it no matter what, versus only seeing this dead pixel on white, gray, or brightly colored screens... or it will have some other defect I won't notice until days afterwards...and then I'll be stuck with an even crappier phone. There seem to be a lot of stories like that regarding this situation. Can anyone offer up their experience? I think I am going to go for it though. I called the Apple store this morning, and the guy said they would exchange it, but they would have to get a technician to look at it first. He seemed really nice though. I am new to Apple, and I am really starting to consider buying a macbook pro...so this might be a nice introduction to their customer service, and customer care standards.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
My fear is I am going to get a replacement, and it is going to have a stuck pixel instead of a dead pixel, and I'll see it no matter what, versus only seeing this dead pixel on white, gray, or brightly colored screens... or it will have some other defect I won't notice until days afterwards...and then I'll be stuck with an even crappier phone. There seem to be a lot of stories like that regarding this situation. Can anyone offer up their experience? I think I am going to go for it though. I called the Apple store this morning, and the guy said they would exchange it, but they would have to get a technician to look at it first. He seemed really nice though. I am new to Apple, and I am really starting to consider buying a macbook pro...so this might be a nice introduction to their customer service, and customer care standards.
If that happens to you, they should replace it again. I had to take back a replacement phone and get another one last year.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
The poll makes me laugh. Misery loves company, doesn't it?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I can tell you now, take it back. They will exchange it.
+1. Take it back. If the new one has problems, take it back. Apple has the best CS on the planet. You paid good money for the phone. You deserve a perfect one.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
TAKE IT BACK. If the new one you get has a problem - TAKE IT BACK. If that replacement has a problem - TAKE IT BACK~!

Jun 26, 2007
I guess mine has a stuck but not dead pixel. When looking straight on the screen is fine but when i watch movies or TV shows I tilt the phone a little to get the best light or whatever and thats when I first noticed it. Ill exchange it eventually but the closest Apple store is like 45 minutes away and Im lazy.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
As everyone else has suggested Apple CS is top notch. I returned my original 3G last week only days before my one year warranty expired for a burned out pixel and had it exchanged despite showing the water sensor had been triggered. Seriously, get your butt back there and get a new one!