Poll: How much will getting iPhone 3G cost YOU

How much are you paying upfront?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TagsxA

Jun 26, 2008
I figured the dock comes with the 3G..the v1 came with one..

Doing the 16G $325.00 (with NY Tax) V1 iPhone unlocked is still on sale on ebay..hoping for atleast $250.00. (fingers crossed)..bidding ends Sat(5th)..

so not paying too much for the new 3G (knock on wood)

I did try to make a reservation with a Personal Shopper Apple rep for the 11th..but Apple is getting smart and removed the "iPhone Option" as something to talk about...how cool would that be to make an appt and walk past everyone in line and get the 3G...
How are you planning on getting the 3G iPhone for $299 without still having the V1 iPhone?

Unfortunately the 3G will not come with a dock.

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
How are you planning on getting the 3G iPhone for $299 without still having the V1 iPhone?

Unfortunately the 3G will not come with a dock.
I never cancelled my iPhone data plan...I'll only be without the iPhone for a few days...so I left my plan "as is". That should still qualify me for the $299 price.

ScottNWDW

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Since I just goot my Blackjack II in January, I don't qualify for the upgrade pricing so if I decide to get the 8GB I'll be paying the $399 price plus the $18 upgrade fee. :-( But in the end it will be worth it because the iPhone plans are about $20 a month less than the one I am on now with the Blackjack, plus when you factor in my corporate discount on plans that will make the difference a few dollars more. Over time the cost savings on the plan will make up the difference paid for the phone.

ejs06003

May 28, 2008
I havea question about the activation fee. What is it exactly? I am already with Att on a family plan and we are all ewligible for the iPhone. Am i going to have to pay the activation fee?

desibhar

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
I havea question about the activation fee. What is it exactly? I am already with Att on a family plan and we are all ewligible for the iPhone. Am i going to have to pay the activation fee?
For AT&T customers, there is an $18 upgrade fee. For non-AT&T customers, there is a $36 activation fee

iPhone-Planet

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
Can you tell me what the $100 credit is for people are mentioning here, and are the OLD iPhone users out of luck, as far as some sort of dicount or trade-in, since we now have much slower but much more expensive one year old phones?

Thanks,

Jeff

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Can you tell me what the $100 credit is for people are mentioning here, and are the OLD iPhone users out of luck, as far as some sort of dicount or trade-in, since we now have much slower but much more expensive one year old phones?

Thanks,

Jeff
V1 is actually same price than an unsubsidized V2.

There is no trade-up. If you still have a V1 iPhone, you are eligible for the subsidized V2 price. That is your only perk.

iPhone-Planet

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
Thank You! What is the subsidized price and is there an article at Apple.com or elsewhere about this, what they plan to offer current owners of V1?

Peace,

Jeff

iPhone-Planet

Bronze
Jun 1, 2007
Thanks dTurner! Looks like the data plan went from $20/mo. to $30.

Jeff

Skeletor

Sep 12, 2007
Thanks dTurner! Looks like the data plan went from $20/mo. to $30.

Jeff
along with having no text messages included. That is an extra 5$ a month for 200. Basically 15$ more a month for minimum 3g plan similar to older plan. What a rip.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
$299 of 16 gig iPhone + $18 upgrade fee+ whatever the price of some apps maybe on launch day, and probably another $50 for case and dock