POLL: Who's getting the iPhone 6s?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by igadgetlady, Aug 19, 2015.

?

Are you planning to get the iPhone 6s?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. igadgetlady

igadgetlady Member
    Bronze

Vote in this really unofficial poll! :)

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yes. Well, the 6s Plus, anyway.

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yes! Sight unseen, I'm all in! 6s Plus come to momma!

4. BNickO

BNickO New Member

6S+, cant decide 64 or 128 gb.

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@BNickO - Buy as many GB's as you can afford. That was always the sentiment here when people asked this question in the past. LOL! no one got offended by this its a good rule of thumb to start with. However, then there are other considerations too.

But I tell you, I always get the most because I push my iPhone to the brink all the time. It's packed full of stuff that I use more often then not. When I have done maintenance and cleaned out old Apps that have surpassed their end-of-life because the Developers discontinued them or upgraded them I get a little space back.

In the past I was sooo happy to get the 64GB and at first it was safe from being used up until I started having less and less space and couldn't wait for the 128GB offer. OMG I jumped on that with the iPhone 6+ and I'm so glad I did, never to look back.

One thing to keep in mind, Developers are not scarred to make Apps that are upwards of 1GB or sometimes more I'm sure although I haven't seen and don't own too many like this, I'm sure they're out there. And as Developers start making games and Applications more beautiful and functional these beauties can take up a lot of space and before you know it you could be straining with 64.

Just food for thought.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'll likely get 64. I would never get close to 128 in 2 years time. I don't do a lot of music. If rumors of 32 hold true, I may get that. I could do 32 easy.
    6s Plus

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

This is not the real @Sharunda, folks. Not enough caps. She might be a pod person.

:D

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Napoleon PhoneApart

I....I actually do feel different. The Ginormous iPhone 6+ has been acting a little erratic these last few days and I've had weird dreams. At first it wasn't responding to my touch. It would flash a bright white screen then immediately back to normal. Today it got insanely hot, almost burning my hand. I.....I actually think I enjoyed the pain of the heat as I clutched it, afraid to drop it.

I've had to do two hard resets today as the phone stopped responding to everything. One hard reset at 6:10am and another at 3:10pm and each time felt better than the last. I think it works now.

Yes, it's just fine. I mean it's working just fine....I think I don't need a Genius bar appointment. My iPhone 6+ is just fine. Thank you.

image.jpg

#8 Sharunda, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Make sure you set up your new iPhone 6s Plus from scratch. I do that every year and it tends to prevent a lot of problems. It takes a couple hours, but it's well worth it, IMO. If you start noticing these problems on your 6 Plus again, try restoring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Europa

Thank you. I will restore if I encounter these issues again tomorrow.

I hope it was a fluke and doesn't happen again. It was not fun at all.

11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yes @Ledsteplin 64GB is an awesome amount for someone like you who knows exactly what you're putting on your iPhone.

How are you on photos and video? That was one thing I forgot to mention before @BNickO. Video is fantastic and pictures are breathtaking on the iPhone6+ so I can imagine they will be the same if not better on the 6+S. These little sweethearts can take up a surprising amount of space, especially the videos. I know this from experience.

My Hubby would take morning inspection work video's and by the end of a two weed period he had serious space issues and didn't understand why until I showed him how large some of those videos were. So, keep this in mind too when deciding what GB's to get. If you don't do many picture or video then cool, you're good for a lower GB, but if you are a pic and video hound then keep this in mind if you plan to store some of these videos and pics on your iPhone.

12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've been using Box and Dropbox for photos, videos, gifs, and png images. They're organized in folders and subfolders. I like how I have it and plan to continue it. I keep about 200 photos/images on my camera roll at any given time. No videos.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Ledsteplin Well, then you're all hooked up! You are fine with 64GB with no issues. Nice!

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Maybe 32 if they offer it.

15. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Ledsteplin Let's keep our fingers crossed. They didn't offer the 32 before so I'm not so sure they'll bring it back unless that's one of the current rumors. Hey, you never know. It would benefit a lot of folks though that's for sure.

16. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I could make do with 32. It would make it easier to also get Applecare+. I have a strict budget for this upgrade. :D

17. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

For now I say "No", but who knows what kind of features there really will be until anything's been announced? At this time, I'm pretty content with my iPhone 6, 128 GB.

18. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I'll be passing on the "S" model as I usually do.

Bring on iP7.

19. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Sadly, it does not appear that I will be getting the 6s or the 6s Plus, at least not anytime soon. I voted no.

I recently lost my iPhone 6 Plus somewhere near my house, where it was quickly picked up by someone, and they failed to respond to my requests (via Find My iPhone) to make contact. The phone then went offline and never surfaced again.

Therefore, on or around my contract end date on one of my lines (September 20th), I will be getting a plain 6 as a replacement.

The rumored 6c is also on my mind. I may go for that depending on its features, assuming it does become a reality.

20. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

Might go from 6+ to a 6s. Miss being able to carry it in front pocket when sitting in a vehicle like with a 5s, 4 and 3. Have 80.4 GB available on 6+ 128GB but still going 128. Features exclusive to + may be determining factor.