Poor Battery Life after 1.1.2 upgrade

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

waila

Nov 13, 2007
Hi there,
I recently bought an iPhone (3 days ago) and it came with 1.1.1, but decided to update the phone yesterday via iTunes. The first 3 days of use resulted in excellent battery life with routine use of the ipod/video features, limited phone usage, etc. I haven't changed my usage habits one bit, and today have noticed a dramatic decline in the battery. The only thing that's changed is the upgraded firmware. Anyone else having this issue? i've turned off wi-fi, as recommended by other threads, but i'd like to keep it on like i had before. any solutions?

smitty24

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Lakeland, FL
Hi there,
I recently bought an iPhone (3 days ago) and it came with 1.1.1, but decided to update the phone yesterday via iTunes. The first 3 days of use resulted in excellent battery life with routine use of the ipod/video features, limited phone usage, etc. I haven't changed my usage habits one bit, and today have noticed a dramatic decline in the battery. The only thing that's changed is the upgraded firmware. Anyone else having this issue? i've turned off wi-fi, as recommended by other threads, but i'd like to keep it on like i had before. any solutions?
I don't know of any solutions, but could this possibly be related to the increase in processor speed that some have reported after updating?

eTEK

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
i have noticed the same thing. Usually if i listen to my ipod during school and at work after that i would be half way. but now i am at a quarter.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Reboot by holding the home button and start button together for a few seconds.
I had the same issue when 1.1.1 came out and it fixed it.

astrolux

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Check to see if your e-mails are checking themselves. I turned off all the bells and whistles (ok, WI-FI) and still had a horrible battery life right out of the box. When I switched my e-mail to update manually, my battery life went way up.

waila

Nov 13, 2007
thanks

hi everyone,
thanks for the replies. I tried rebooting my device last night. I'm at a full charge this morning, so I'll let ya'll know how it goes. I haven't really noticed that much of a bump in speed, but i haven't really pushed the limits yet either.

again, i appreciate the input!