POP E-Mail

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
What are the best settings for pop e-mail on the iPhone?

The one thing I don't like is that you have three options with pop for deleting from the server:

1. Never
  2. Seven Days
  3. When removed from Inbox

I think there should be another option:

Prompt: This would ask from server or hand held (this is how the BB worked and it was a great feature).

So as it is now, if I don't want an e-mail on the phone but still on the server I have to change the setting to never and delete it from the iPhone and then change it back to When removed from Inbox so if I get spam it won't be there when I finally open up my e-mail on my PC.

Are there any plans to add this to the iPhone?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
What email service are you using?

I find IMAP access to be much simpler with the iPhone. I personally don't like having to delete messages twice (once on the phone, again on the server, if I don't do it automatically). IMAP is "what you see is what you get" and that makes a lot more sense to me.

If you're stuck with POP though, you're pretty much stuck with those delete options.

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
I was afraid you were going to say that.

I am limited to POP as it's my work e-mail and we are a small company.

Could I use Mobile Me and still have it look as if it is coming from my work e-mail?

I know I can get POP on mobile me under the settings and I just have to put in the pop settings.

I can't use GMail already tried, but it comes across as "Sent on Behalf of xxxx@gmail.com for xxxx@domain.com"