pop up txt messages annoying sometimes!

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Lets say you are doing something on the iPhone, like on the internet, or you are watching a video, then you get this txt pop up! you can close... or you can hit reply, now the problem with that is if you close then its no longer a new txt, so you can easily forget about it later. I hope they will change this with the 2.0 update to where you can just close and yet the message still be as unread.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
ya I have also had this problem I'll be watching a movie it pops up I can either reply which will stop the loading process or I cancel and forget about it. Real pain.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i thought that if you hit close there would be a little bubble saying 1 above the sms icon

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
nope you hit close and it considers it as read kinda dumb

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I hope they will change this with the 2.0 update to where you can just close and yet the message still be as unread.
Or give us the option to kill that popup altogether. I know many like me really hate that "feature"

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The only time the popup feature annoys me is when I get a text while on a call, and I decide not to look at it right away. When I go to hit End Call, the "Reply or Close" option is blocking the end call button, so I have to hit Close and then hit end call, it can get really annoying.

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
The only time the popup feature annoys me is when I get a text while on a call, and I decide not to look at it right away. When I go to hit End Call, the "Reply or Close" option is blocking the end call button, so I have to hit Close and then hit end call, it can get really annoying.
An issue for me too!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
sorry to burst your bubble (no pun intended) but this hasn't really bugged me at all
whenever i get that popup it shows the first part of the text anyway so i pretty much know what it says
i would rather have it the way it is than any other way

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
its all a thing of personal preference. thats why there should be an option in settings that allows you to turn the pop-up on or off. i always use my phone for music in my car. i have pass code lock set on so it doesn't display my messages. but when the phone isn't locked it displays the message. since i use my phone for music i have it plugged in and when ipod is in use the screen doesn't turn off and everyone in the car can see my message.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I would like an option in settings as well. It might save some embarrassment sometime.

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
so I'm sitting there with my dad, hey dad check out these tight pics on my sweet iPhone, here you can flick them with you finger, do enjoy! Then dad goes.. Who's this? Oolala ! I'm all what? Oh that just a gurl! Girl who? Blah some girl I met on a trip blah blah! My pop ups would have been set to NOOO! Lol Apple fix it!

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
yeah I am with you guys on this.