Portable AA Battery Powered Charger for iPod, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Watcher, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

I just purchased 2 of these Emergency Chargers for $4.50 each shipped on Amazon and they work with the iPhone 4. I recharged my iPhone 4 from 67% to 100% in around a half an hour! That is faster than plugging it into a computer or in a wall socket. I have been on the lookout for a charger like this that I can load with disposable as well as rechargeable AA batteries and this is it!

Rechargeable batteries have improved tremendously within the last decade and the 2500mAh recharegable batteries last just as long as regular batteries for each charge (though I'm sure this decreases over time) and it is said you can charge them around 1,000 times! So whether you're on the go and buy some AA batteries for the long trip or you have the time to charge and use your rechargeables, this is definitely the product to use for your iPod, iPhone or any other USB charging mobile device.

The only downside about this product is prying open the battery door. This is simply poor design because you have to carefuly wedge something between the plastic on both sides to pry it open. It is such a nuisance it almost ruins the usefulness of the product, but since other comparable chargers for iPods and iPhones can be 10x and even 20x more expensive, it's an annoyance that can be easily overlooked. I would highly recommend keeping the battery door off as the batteries fit rather securely in the compartment and are unlikely to fall out unless the device is dropped.

It has a model number CE01-IPO and a maximum output of 5V 500mA.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FavreFan77

FavreFan77 New Member
    Bronze

This a great find and post. Thanks

3. iArthur

iArthur New Member
    Bronze

It's probably something you keep in your backpack at school. eh/

4. Maketso

Maketso Member
    Silver

Great find, thanks!

5. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

6. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

That looks like a nice one, Santa, but the reviews that warn one to steer clear of it after a few charges have me leery. Even some of the initial 5 star reviews have them comment later and say the unit stopped working. At least the one I have is cheap enough to try out in case you happen to get a dud. I even talked the vendor into sending me another one free of charge since they didn't actually send me the white one that was advertised.

7. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

Mine's been working fine for over a year, but you're right: it hasn't been that good for everyone.

8. Toilet316

Toilet316 New Member
    Bronze

Try the Powermonkey. It's the same thing but solar powered. I tried to put in an image of it but I'm an idiot.

9. Toilet316

Toilet316 New Member
    Bronze