Porting?

Naudan

Jun 30, 2008
Hello again. Simple question I suppose. I will be buying my first iPhone, or any ATT phone for the first time on the 11th. My question pertains to porting my existing cell carrier over to it. I knwo the number will port (I checked) , but how long does this take? I heard mixed messages but I am sure that some people with V1 ported their old cell number over. Let me know about your personal experiences?

BTW, anyone else upset that it comes out the 11th, that means I have to pay for another month on my current provider for 11 days worth of service :( just another additional cost to this iPhone master plan i have, lol

Steveo 90

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
i have ported 3 numbers from sprint to AT&T
my wifes, my sister and mine..........there's took about 25 mins,mine took about 14 hours

i guess they are all different

Naudan

Jun 30, 2008
i have ported 3 numbers from sprint to AT&T
my wifes, my sister and mine..........there's took about 25 mins,mine took about 14 hours

i guess they are all different

thats kind of a relief. Some places said 3 days even. Can you still use the majority of the features on the phone until the number ports?

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Yeah ports can be variable but heres two things I have learnt. If you get instore before 10 am your more than likely to get a same day port. Also it sounds like you are only moving one number again this simplifies matters and should mean hopefully a quick port. Good luck

Steveo 90

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
thats kind of a relief. Some places said 3 days even. Can you still use the majority of the features on the phone until the number ports?

not sure,i just left it on the charger and used my old phone........it was like being a kid again the night before chanukah

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm an AT&T customer already, but I'll need a new SIM card to use with the iPhone. The store says it will be quick to switch my number to the new SIM.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
with any service, a number port should take no longer than 24 hours. normally it will take less than an hour.

the phone should be completely usable with the exception (i believe) of incoming calls. (its either outgoing or incoming, now that i think about it, im not sure which) but i know you can either make or receive calls before the number is ported. other than that, everything should be functional