Positive Thoughts About Monday July 2nd

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Monday July 2nd at work/school or wherever with your new iPhone

"Hey knowsall...what did you do over the weekend?"

"Bought a new phone"

"Really? lets see it"

"Ok"(whips out iPhone)

"Whoa you got the iPhone? isn't this like 500 bucks?"

"Well the 4gig is $500. This one was $600"

"Youre an idiot...Id never pay that much for a phone"

"Oh well no worries"

(This is followed by your buddy telling anyone and everyone that you paid a massive amount of Skrilla for a phone)
This was my day when i bought my Treo 600 brand new when it came out.
I was asked to show it off. Then the stupid comments come a flyin. No worries though.
Anyone else think their Monday July 2nd will be like?

DaveNYC

May 15, 2007
I'm just worried about the first time I whip this thing out on the subway. People are gonna start asking about it, and maybe even want to touch it, which is only going to make me even more nervous.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Monday July 2nd at work/school or wherever with your new iPhone

"Hey knowsall...what did you do over the weekend?"

"Bought a new phone"

"Really? lets see it"

"Ok"(whips out iPhone)

"Whoa you got the iPhone? isn't this like 500 bucks?"

"Well the 4gig is $500. This one was $600"

"Youre an idiot...Id never pay that much for a phone"

"Oh well no worries"

(This is followed by your buddy telling anyone and everyone that you paid a massive amount of Skrilla for a phone)
This was my day when i bought my Treo 600 brand new when it came out.
I was asked to show it off. Then the stupid comments come a flyin. No worries though.
It just shows that they know nothing about anything. Many people spend stupid amounts of money on things that are much more irrelevant than an iPhone. Depending on what you do for a line of work, or maybe just your entertainment.

Think of how much time you spend on your phone.
Think of how much time you spend on the internet.

Do you listen to music? Watch movies?

Ok, now for something that is such a large portion of your life (or atleast my life, I'm assuming others habits are similar to mine) do it really make sense to have something that is substandard crap? I submit that the answer is a resounding NO!

For something that I depend on for so much in my life, and gets used so much I don't think the cost is all that high.

Your so called "buddy" is only saying the things he is because he is jealous! After he sees it there is only one thing that will happen. HE WILL WANT ONE. And guess what, if he didn't jump on its its very possible the first batch will be gone, only to be restocked by late summer if he's lucky. They may not hit the shelves again until nearly christmas time, and good luck getting one then, hahaha.

The only thing I don't like is the fact the the phone is so excellent that everyone will want and get one, and then the uniqueness of owning one won't exist anymore. But, on the other hand, thats not what it is all about anyways. Its just the sheer joy of owning it, using it, and enjoying it!

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I've dealt with this kinda BS, before. I've already told everyone i'm gonna be that guy that everyone in the office keeps coming up to with "hey, can i see it again?" or "hey, she hasn't seen it yet, can you show her"...

I'll show it to someone one time, and if they have anything negative to say, EFF 'EM! They won't be shown again. lol

You must have dealt with this before, because you seem to be pretty stuck on the subject. It'll be ok, dude. If you're worried about spending 600$ on a phone, just keep in mind that it's not just a phone, and about a bazillion other people spent just as much as you, and everyone who didn't, wishes they could.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I've dealt with this kinda BS, before. I've already told everyone i'm gonna be that guy that everyone in the office keeps coming up to with "hey, can i see it again?" or "hey, she hasn't seen it yet, can you show her"...

I'll show it to someone one time, and if they have anything negative to say, EFF 'EM! They won't be shown again. lol

You must have dealt with this before, because you seem to be pretty stuck on the subject. It'll be ok, dude. If you're worried about spending 600$ on a phone, just keep in mind that it's not just a phone, and about a bazillion other people spent just as much as you, and everyone who didn't, wishes they could.
Yeah I agree. Im actually not that hung up on it so much as I wanted to have something relevant to add here. Really trying to spin a negative subject into a positive. When I was younger I definitely got a lil jealous when I would get around friends of mine that had more $$ to play with than me. Neither here nor there however because ...iPhone ,...here I come