Possible attempt to Hack Apple Account

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Hey Guys, just a heads up, thought this might be of interest. Got this in an email yesterday....

was sent from Appleid@id.apple.com
Dear Sara Pilling,

To reset your Apple ID password, simply click the link below. That will take you to a web page where you can create a new password.

Please note that the link will expire three hours after this email was sent.

Reset your Apple ID password >

Questions? There are lots of answers on our FAQ page >

If you weren't trying to reset your password, don't worry – your account is still secure and no one has been given access to it. Most likely, someone just mistyped their email address while trying to reset their own password.

Thanks,
Apple Customer Support
bottom.gif

I have not tried to reset my Apple password. It has been reported as spam, however.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
That's a legit email from Apple. Delete it from your inbox, delete it from the trash folder, and remove that link from this post. Also, make sure the email password is good.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
That's a legit email from Apple. Delete it from your inbox, delete it from the trash folder, and remove that link from this post. Also, make sure the email password is good.
Did you mean to say that's not a legit email?

Sent using iCafe app

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Did you mean to say that's not a legit email?

Sent using iCafe app
It is a legit email, based on the link address (at iforgot.apple.com), which means if it isn't expired, anyone can click that link.

Always delete any password reset emails you didn't ask for, whether or not they're legit. I thought nothing of it when I got those, but that was one reason they got my Amazon, Apple, and Twitter accounts

rjkgr

Bronze
Aug 14, 2013
wait! its not real! i just reset mine! like last week but i changed it to the same password. but change my account name and i thought everyone was doing it