Possible fix for SEND TO WEB GALLERY button?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Was wondering if anyone might have the answer to this...

I have my .Mac e-mail accounts set up as POP Accounts rather than IMAP.

Read about a possibility being that it must be set to IMAP for the SEND TO WEB GALLERY button to appear on the iPhone.

I'm afraid to try it out because I don't want to lose my e-mails that are currently in mailboxes. And I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out a workaround.

Anyone with insight, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Was wondering if anyone might have the answer to this...

I have my .Mac e-mail accounts set up as POP Accounts rather than IMAP.

Read about a possibility being that it must be set to IMAP for the SEND TO WEB GALLERY button to appear on the iPhone.

I'm afraid to try it out because I don't want to lose my e-mails that are currently in mailboxes. And I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out a workaround.

Anyone with insight, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Well I have mine setup as IMAP on my phone and I still don't have that send to web gallery button. Lots of people don't have it. It really makes no sense.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
You need.... and it appears Mac only at this time!

1. iLife 08 (supports web galleries and seems to be the only way to make one)
2. .Mac account and email address
3. .Mac email setup on phone (activates send to web gallery button)
4. A photo on your iPhone (looking for way to do this from normal email at this time as it just seems to be sent as a email when you upload)

To get it to work you first need to generate a web gallery in iPhoto and set its settings to allow for emails to be sent to gallery (settings option near bottom of gallery screen). Sync gallery and then it will appear in .Mac accouunt and you will not get an error when you use the send to gallery button on your iPhone. Documentation on this is limited and there was a lot of confusion due to the 'sudden' appearance on some peoples iPhones. At this time it looks like it will not work for Windoz (iLife 08 is Mac only and seems to be the key program to get this up and running).

Anyone else can correct me but this is how I got it going.