Possible Fix for Yahoo! sent mail problems.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I have not been able to send email from my iPhone using my Yahoo! email account (except for the first few hours I had the phone). I can see by monitoring the forums there are a lot of people having this issue.

I read this at howards forums and it worked for me a few others.

This may only be a solution for those of us with brand new yahoo mail accounts. I just signed up for one for the push feature. Gmail is my preferred webmail app.

I went to my yahoo mailbox on the web and sent an email. I had not done this since I set up the account. After I hit the send button it made me type one of the those anti bot scratching number letter things. I guess this told yahoo that it was a real person sending the email, and not a spam bot.

The sent email showed up in the sent items
folder on my iPhone.

I sent myself an email from my gmail account to my yahoo account and it showed up in the inbox right away (GO PUSH!).

The best part is I was able to reply to this email and it was sent, showed up in gmail inbox, and is showing in the yahoo sent items folder on the iPhone.

Try this if you are having yahoo sent mail issue and let us know if it workd for you like it did for me.

We really can't say this is a real solution until a few more people have had success.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
wow i did this but it didn't ask for the human verification thing but it still worked. idk if it was because of this or not but this is what i did. i went to yahoo.com on my iPhone and signed in and sent an email then i went to the email widget on my iPhone and went to my yahoo account and the message i sent form the browser appeard in my sent folder then i tried emailing from my yahoo account on my iPhone and now it works! it hasn't been workin since the day i got the iPhone but i haven't checked recently so i don't know if what i did fixed it or not but it works now.

seank

Jul 10, 2007
Hmm. While diagnosing my own Yahoo mail sending problems I sent mail from directly from my Yahoo account. It asked me to enter a "CAPTCHA" twice, which I did.

Unfortunately, this did not solve my iPhone sending problem. But it has now been a few days, maybe I will test it out again.

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
I think is is a case of bad timing...I was having trouble sending Yahoo emails earlier (I am long time Yahoo Mail! Plus user - like 5-6 years) and it's been working great since yesterday. More than likely, Yahoo just fixed something on their side.

seank

Jul 10, 2007
Well, I went back to my Yahoo web mail account today and sent another test message. Yahoo again gave me a CAPTCHA! How many times is this going to happen? I then sent about 5 more messages, and got no CAPTCHA.

So far today, my Yahoo account has been sending fine. But it did so all day on Monday too and didn't on Tuesday.

photobyjj

Jul 13, 2007
my experience.. call AT&T..they say you have to have Premium account ($20bucks) than the "CAPTCHA" will go away..this over the phone.. so true..payed up and now the sent issue is all fixed... for get all the fix attempts, you have to have a prem. account to get the sent to work with yahoo..

its another $20 bucks...a cover was $30..new car charger $20.. the list just grows... the real cost of this this phone is closer to $1k by the time you got all your goodies man...

Jul 8, 2007
Well, I went back to my Yahoo web mail account today and sent another test message. Yahoo again gave me a CAPTCHA! How many times is this going to happen? I then sent about 5 more messages, and got no CAPTCHA.

So far today, my Yahoo account has been sending fine. But it did so all day on Monday too and didn't on Tuesday.
Yahoo have indicated this is a known issue. They plan to patch it in about 1 week.

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
my experience.. call AT&T..they say you have to have Premium account ($20bucks) than the "CAPTCHA" will go away..this over the phone.. so true..payed up and now the sent issue is all fixed... for get all the fix attempts, you have to have a prem. account to get the sent to work with yahoo..

its another $20 bucks...a cover was $30..new car charger $20.. the list just grows... the real cost of this this phone is closer to $1k by the time you got all your goodies man...
You were lied to, I've had a Premium Yahoo account for over two years and i was having the same send issues people are talking about.

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
FYI, over the last day or so I've had quite a few email exchanges with friends using Yahoo on my iPhone and the send messages are going through consistantly now...remember that's with a Premium Yahoo account.