Possible iPhone problem?

Aug 22, 2007
Would appreciate it if you guys could give me some input if my iPhone is functioning properly or not.

Here are some of the observations I've made (This is a fairly new iPhone)

1. When i was using the music playback function it randomly requested the voicemail password. If I'm not mistaken it was the first time i set up the voicemail on this specific iPhone. (Had my previous iPhone exchanged due to some cosmetic issues)

2. The iPhone went back to the root menu while i was surfing the net using Safari. (Similar to pressing the button, though in this case it wasn't pressed)

Input would be greatly appreciated :)

PS: What are the chances of an iPhone getting a virus? My iPhone is up to date on the Apple patches (1.02).

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Would appreciate it if you guys could give me some input if my iPhone is functioning properly or not.

Here are some of the observations I've made (This is a fairly new iPhone)

1. When i was using the music playback function it randomly requested the voicemail password. If I'm not mistaken it was the first time i set up the voicemail on this specific iPhone. (Had my previous iPhone exchanged due to some cosmetic issues)

2. The iPhone went back to the root menu while i was surfing the net using Safari. (Similar to pressing the button, though in this case it wasn't pressed)

Input would be greatly appreciated :)

PS: What are the chances of an iPhone getting a virus? My iPhone is up to date on the Apple patches (1.02).
nah those things are normal...I have personally experienced both of these once and never got them again, but it usually happened after a restore. the chances of iPhone getting a virus is almost zero, if not zero imo. its a mini mac XD

Aug 22, 2007
nah those things are normal...I have personally experienced both of these once and never got them again, but it usually happened after a restore. the chances of iPhone getting a virus is almost zero, if not zero imo. its a mini mac XD
:D, thanks

So Safari is acting normal for you now? I just hate it when my $500 toy does things i don't understand. :-P

Kipper

Bronze
This just happened to me the other day when I did the 1.02 update. It was asking me for a pw and I never set one on my phone. I was putting in these random numbers like 0000, 1234, last 4 digits of cell number like what other carriers do and to no avail it said pw was incorrect. What I did was call my cell number on my cell and went through the admin options and changed the pw to 0000, THEN, I took pw option OFF. I shut the phone off and restarted and it came back again asking for the pw. I entered 0000 and it has not came back since. Try that.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
:D, thanks

So Safari is acting normal for you now? I just hate it when my $500 toy does things i don't understand. :-P
safari has been fine ever since the first Apple update for me. I agree that spending that much money should entitle you to a perfect piece of hardware, but I doubt anything in the world is perfect lol. as for safari... I have had 7 pages open at the same time and it hasn't crashed. maybe you are just having a bit of bad luck :)