Possible lock or bricked phone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 17, 2007
Hey everyone, im new here! I am however not totally new to the iPhone. So I went to a store locally and bought a 1.1.1 iPhone that he jailbroke and unlocked by himself. I used it for about a week and then it stopped working, throwing weird sim messages all the time and so on. Now there is no WiFi access, when I go to the setting for it, it's all greyed out :confused: So now I can't get to the internet or anything. He also didn't use installer he used terminal. :S...so after I had enough of piddling around with it, I tried connecting it and shift click resoring it back to the 1.1.1 and start from scrath. WELL iTunes threw a error 6 or something. So I figured the heck with that...just do a total restore to 1.1.2, and then downgrade from there and then start over. So I upgrade it to 1.1.2, and now am totally screwed I think because I can't get my computer to detect it at all to downgrade!?!?! Could somebody else relate? Or know what i'm missing...I gave it to a friend for the day to see what he can do so it's not infront of me now. It will be back tomorrow and we shall see from there. As long as I can get it all wiped out and back to factory and then to 1.1.1, and get WiFi to start back up, I'll be fine by getting installer, then anySIM.
Anywho, I tried searching, getting tired and so fourth, I would really appreciate it if ya'll would lend a few ideas :laugh2:
Thanks Everyone!

seavee

Dec 7, 2007
Similar to me, I am not getting iTunes to read me at all
I have iTunes 7.4.3
and was restarting from 1.1.1 I believe. Though prehand I was an unlocked iPhone user, 1.1.1 did work after i removed what apps iBrickr had shown, but when I tried the unlock methods *#307* it did not show modem ware when I got into the phone, and I received an error each time I tried to load v1.0.2.
So I've gone back to the 1.1.1, in restore mode, and have intunes 7.4.3 -- -- the iPhone is literally being ignored by iTunes. my computer reads it, yet iTunes fails to.

I have uninstalled iTunes, deleted remaining files, and re-installed yet no version seems to want to read my phone. I suppose I could maybe try to do this process on someone els's computer, but that isn't helping my problem now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 17, 2007
well, got past what i was stuck at now im just stuck on why its not getting any farther than this error... i put in all the commands properly and it comes up with .fls cannot be updated or something...the .eep one went fine but the .fls had troubles and my baseband is STILL at 04.02.13, with the 3.9 bootloader, and 4.0.2 firmware, and NO Wifi! Anybody have any suggestions?