Possible Recall?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Casetay

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Hey guys, so I read today that some units are affected with this polka dot syndrome. I have noticed on mine since the day I got it there are little white dots all over the background that are very visible and bug the crap out of me. Do you think Apple will recall these or if I took it in would they replace mine? Also wanted to see how many of you guys have the same problem as me. If I'm going to spend this much on a phone I don't want to see little white dots on the screen ya know.

mach1mustang_101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
didn't mean to "thank you". But anyways these are called dead pixels. Happens to many lcd screens. If they bother you that much then you can take it back and exchange for a different one. My iPhone has no dead pixels. However many other peoples iPhones have them.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Hes talking about version 7 lcd screen. I doubt it unless I guess they start getting loads of complaints in their stores.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
I have the white dots but they aren't noticeable unless i turn up the brightness and hold it close to my face. I don't think any iPhone's white dots are noticeable unless under the previously mention extreme conditions.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Hey guys, so I read today that some units are affected with this polka dot syndrome. I have noticed on mine since the day I got it there are little white dots all over the background that are very visible and bug the crap out of me. Do you think Apple will recall these or if I took it in would they replace mine? Also wanted to see how many of you guys have the same problem as me. If I'm going to spend this much on a phone I don't want to see little white dots on the screen ya know.

Products are recalled only if there is a concern with safety. I'm not sure that dead pixels qualify as a safety concern and thereforee it is highly unlikely that there would be a recall.