Possible SDK 1-3 week delay

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
BusinessWeek: iPhone SDK to arrive late
Posted Feb 22nd 2008 10:15PM by Cory Bohon
Filed under: Analysis / Opinion, iPod Family, Rumors, iPhone
In a recent BusinessWeek blog post, writer Arik Hesseldahl says he has information from one of his sources that the long awaited iPhone SDK might well be delayed. According to the source, the delay could be anywhere from one to three weeks; with February drawing to a close and no announcement yet of an Apple event, this could very well be true.

The post goes on to say that last minute preparations are being made, and that the SDK release is a complex process (which tracks with our reporting as well). BusinessWeek has generally been respectable when it comes to sussing out Apple rumors (they did, in fact, break the rumor about the iPhone SDK a day before Steve Jobs announced it back in October). However, like with most rumors, there are always a wide variety of opinions.

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/02/22/busin...o-arrive-late/

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Maybe. We haven't heard anything from Apple on the SDK since October; then again, it's been my hypothesis since October that the release of the SDK will be quiet; maybe just an article in the Hot News section of Apple's website, and then apps a week or two later.

You have to remember that while Apple announced the SDK back in October, they want to make sure that it's secure, whatever it is that they have planned works successfuly, etc. Leopard was delayed, it came, and 5 months later, I'm still using it and enjoying it.

- John

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
There will be many unhappy customers, and investors, if they don't deliver.

--
Mike

There sure will. It will just be a bit ridiculous I think. I just can't think of a very good excuse for them. Need to make it secure, need to ensure it all works etc. - none of these are new things or factors that should not have been taken into account from Day 1 ...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Sadly, I can't say that this comes as a surprise (at least not to many in the EIC community). I also agree that many others will be disappointed as well, including investors and the sort.