MacBook Pro Possible stolen MacBook Pro?

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
Can somebody advice me please? This is my fist time in the Mac forum. My question is about a MacBook Pro that have been posted in Craigslist, very good price but the owner doesn't have the recipe. The computer is still under guaranty, I called Apple care and they told me it have been registered but not under the owner's name. I have the serial number checked out in the Internet and it doesn't list as stolen. Can somebody advice me please? What should I do? Thank u very much.

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
I don't see how to prove if it is stolen or not, that is the problem. Maybe I will go for it, thank u anyway.

FFAP1234

Bronze
Jun 12, 2010
I went to the web and put the serial # and it said no information was found. Thank you very much, then I should be good right?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I went to the web and put the serial # and it said no information was found. Thank you very much, then I should be good right?
Yeah, you did your part! Keep a printout of your online serial number query. That's your proof that you did your homework! Hope you get a great deal and lots of enjoyment out of your MacBook Pro. :)

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.