Possible to delete multiple messages at once?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 10, 2007
I am probably missing it somewhere in the directions or on search but I can't figure out how to delete multiple e-mails at once. I want to empty all the trash at once but can't figure out how. Not super worried about inbox but would like to delete all trash at once.

Thanks

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I am probably missing it somewhere in the directions or on search but I can't figure out how to delete multiple e-mails at once. I want to empty all the trash at once but can't figure out how. Not super worried about inbox but would like to delete all trash at once.

Thanks
The only way to delete them forom the inbox is one at time.
The best way to delete the trash in to go to settings | email | account | advanced | and change the empty deleted messages to 'after 1 day'.

Aug 10, 2007
The only way to delete them forom the inbox is one at time.
The best way to delete the trash in to go to settings | email | account | advanced | and change the empty deleted messages to 'after 1 day'.
That was the only thing I found and thought surely there was a way to do it. Thanks for the response. You saved me countless hours of fooling around in the settings for nothing.

Aug 28, 2008
Multiple Deletion

It is hard to believe that a company such as Apple, who spends so much time delivering great products, screws up on something as basic as e-mail. However, they have managed to do it. By not providing a method to delete multiple e-mails, Apple has introduced the most inferior e-mail client to date. Apple, please correct this most grevious oversight (To be honest, it is hard to believe this is an oversight. If deliberate, it makes me wonder why it was left out).

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It is hard to believe that a company such as Apple, who spends so much time delivering great products, screws up on something as basic as e-mail. However, they have managed to do it. By not providing a method to delete multiple e-mails, Apple has introduced the most inferior e-mail client to date. Apple, please correct this most grevious oversight (To be honest, it is hard to believe this is an oversight. If deliberate, it makes me wonder why it was left out).
we've had multiple email deletion capabilities since firmware 2.0 was released. I've using it since 7/10.

Aug 27, 2008
settings | email | account | advanced | and change the empty deleted messages to 'after 1 day'

I don't have that option.... am I doing something wrong?