Possible to get EDGE on T-moble after buying broken sidekick?

omnirom

Oct 15, 2007
Hey fellow iPhone owners! I got my iPhone 3 days ago, successfuly unlocked it, and loaded it with applications. I have a T-mobile pay-as-you-go service, where you buy prepaid minutes and load them on your phone. Is there a way to get EDGE to work with this service?

I'm suspecting there isn't (It doesn't hurt to ask), but then could I buy a broken tmobile sidekick from ebay and use its serial number to order the $4.99 data plan from tmobile and use the sidekick's pay as you go service (which does exist).

rotero

Sep 24, 2007
Hey fellow iPhone owners! I got my iPhone 3 days ago, successfuly unlocked it, and loaded it with applications. I have a T-mobile pay-as-you-go service, where you buy prepaid minutes and load them on your phone. Is there a way to get EDGE to work with this service?

I'm suspecting there isn't (It doesn't hurt to ask), but then could I buy a broken tmobile sidekick from ebay and use its serial number to order the $4.99 data plan from tmobile and use the sidekick's pay as you go service (which does exist).
On your "My T-Mobile" account page at tmobile.com, you can change your phone to the Sidekick without actually buying one. Then it will give you the option to add the Sidekick plans.