Possible to get EDGE on T-moble after buying broken sidekick?

omnirom

Oct 15, 2007
Hey fellow iPhone owners! I got my iPhone 3 days ago, successfuly unlocked it, and loaded it with applications. I have a T-mobile pay-as-you-go service, where you buy prepaid minutes and load them on your phone. Is there a way to get EDGE to work with this service?

I'm suspecting there isn't (It doesn't hurt to ask), but then could I buy a broken tmobile sidekick from ebay and use its serial number to order the $4.99 data plan from tmobile and use the sidekick's pay as you go service (which does exist).

omnirom

Oct 15, 2007
Bump? How are other people here paying $4.99 a month for tmobile internet?

rotero

Sep 24, 2007
Hey fellow iPhone owners! I got my iPhone 3 days ago, successfuly unlocked it, and loaded it with applications. I have a T-mobile pay-as-you-go service, where you buy prepaid minutes and load them on your phone. Is there a way to get EDGE to work with this service?

I'm suspecting there isn't (It doesn't hurt to ask), but then could I buy a broken tmobile sidekick from ebay and use its serial number to order the $4.99 data plan from tmobile and use the sidekick's pay as you go service (which does exist).
On your "My T-Mobile" account page at tmobile.com, you can change your phone to the Sidekick without actually buying one. Then it will give you the option to add the Sidekick plans.

omnirom

Oct 15, 2007
Where to I go after changing my phone to the sidekick? Thanks

rotero

Sep 24, 2007
Where to I go after changing my phone to the sidekick? Thanks
Click on "Change Plan or Services" in the middle on the right. The next page should show your plan and services. It will also allow you to add services.