Possible to get EDGE on T-moble after buying broken sidekick?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

omnirom

Oct 15, 2007
Hey fellow iPhone owners! I got my iPhone 3 days ago, successfuly unlocked it, and loaded it with applications. I have a T-mobile pay-as-you-go service, where you buy prepaid minutes and load them on your phone. Is there a way to get EDGE to work with this service?

I'm suspecting there isn't (It doesn't hurt to ask), but then could I buy a broken tmobile sidekick from ebay and use its serial number to order the $4.99 data plan from tmobile and use the sidekick's pay as you go service (which does exist).

rotero

Sep 24, 2007
Hey fellow iPhone owners! I got my iPhone 3 days ago, successfuly unlocked it, and loaded it with applications. I have a T-mobile pay-as-you-go service, where you buy prepaid minutes and load them on your phone. Is there a way to get EDGE to work with this service?

I'm suspecting there isn't (It doesn't hurt to ask), but then could I buy a broken tmobile sidekick from ebay and use its serial number to order the $4.99 data plan from tmobile and use the sidekick's pay as you go service (which does exist).
On your "My T-Mobile" account page at tmobile.com, you can change your phone to the Sidekick without actually buying one. Then it will give you the option to add the Sidekick plans.