Post an example of why you could be considered an Apple fiend (photo optional encouraged).

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
A bit of background info on the attached picture (see below). From left to right:

My current iPhone, the 4S 16GB model, in the flesh.

The original iPhone! 8GB model (initially, the only capacity available). My roommate at the time got it for himself before I was anywhere near being an iPhone fiend. After he got it and I played with it, my mind started craving one. As you can see, I kept the box after he moved out. He didn't care much for the box. But before he moved out, I got myself...

The original iPhone, 16GB model. Kinda like a hard-core drug, the phone started affecting the mesolimbic reward pathway in my brain in a way that would get me addicted to this awesome gadget.

I skipped the iPhone 3G, but I got the iPhone 3GS, 32GB, black, on launch day. There was a line, but nothing like what I would experience when I got the iPhone 4...

I got the iPhone 4 on launch day. I went straight to the Apple Store after work the day before launch day. The mall where the Apple Store is located closed at, say, 9 or 10PM. We were told to make a line here. Then it changed and we had to go there. We were moved several times. Pandemonium. Good times! But I emerged triumphant with an iPhone 4, 32 GB model. But there is a dark side to this story, I lost the phone late in 2011. I temporarily downgraded to the 3GS.

I got the iPhone 4S some time after launch day (ordered on 12/26/11 at an AT&T Store, received at home on 12/28/11). The purchase at the AT&T Store lacked the excitement, police presense, and at times fear of getting trampled by stampeding iPhone fiends I experienced during the purchase of the iPhone 4 at an Apple Store on launch date. In hindsight, I'd gladly go back to an Apple Store on a future iPhone model launch date to re-experience these adrenaline-releasing emotions and events!

So, share with us some examples of why you're an iFiend. It doesn't have to be iPhone related. It could be any iGadget.

NOTE: I know this thread may seem to overlap with the thread of "What iGadgets do you own," but in this thread I'm aiming to get you guys to share experiences with your iGadget(s) more in-depth, rather than a simple roster of the iDevices you own. And it doesn't have to be a story about multiple iGadgets either. If you've gone above and beyond the call of duty for one particular iGadget, or if it has done the same for you, do share your story!

Attachments

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I would post up a picture, but I would embarrass my self since clearly you won above me. :(
No reason to feel that way! This isn't a contest or anything of the sort... Like I said, you could simply be describing your noteworthy experience with a single iGadget... Here's an example: "I live in Ecuador where the iPhone 4S only recently was released, but I flew to the US to buy an unlocked iPhone 4S at full price as soon as those became available. I received a hero's welcome when I went back to my country!"