Post Pics of your 3G Case Here.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Still waiting for mine...
I myself wouldn't get a Contour. I had one for my iPod classic, it scratched the back immensely.

geyev

Jul 31, 2008
Bay Area , California
Contour

Still waiting for mine...
I myself wouldn't get a Contour. I had one for my iPod classic, it scratched the back immensely.
Yah, that is one thing I noticed. Not much protection when sliding it in the case. I watched a review on youtube and took note. When I installed mine, I actually popped mine in, instead of sliding it. I still had to slide the iPhone to get flush but not much.

** Wasn't sure if you where talking about the actual iPhone or the case? Anyhow, if you where talking about the back of the actual case..I'm not too concerned. I'm almost most certain there will be scratches and swirls. Better it then the iPhone! LOL...

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Yah, that is one thing I noticed. Not much protection when sliding it in the case. I watched a review on youtube and took note. When I installed mine, I actually popped mine in, instead of sliding it. I still had to slide the iPhone to get flush but not much.

** Wasn't sure if you where talking about the actual iPhone or the case? Anyhow, if you where talking about the back of the actual case..I'm not too concerned. I'm almost most certain there will be scratches and swirls. Better it then the iPhone! LOL...
I think he was referring to the actual iPhone getting scratched. I did find this to be the case with my v1 in an Incase slider. I guess you just have to make sure the phone and case are wiped, and clear of debris when you slide it in. And as with any case, cleaned out periodically, if not somewhat frequently, so as to prevent scratching of the phone caused by dirt, sand, etc.

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
To anyone with the Griffin Elan Form case. Does it scratch the chrome bezel? Because that's my biggest fear about slider cases. But it looks so nice though

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
I really like the look of this case, not too worried about bulkiness but how protective it is. I like that you can still see through the case to the beauty of the iPhone.

Question: Do you have any type of screen protector on yours? I know there have been several cases on V1 that have been mentioned to peel the screen protectors off or simply "not fit". If it doesn't effect a screen protector at all, then I may be sold on this case.

But then again, I still have quite a few days to think about it. (see sig ;))
(I just read your post today, sorry for the late reply)

I have an anti-glare screen protector on and it doesn't affect the fit of the case.

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
Hey man, how do you like it ?
Thanks......
LOVEEE it. Seriously. It looks great, feels great, and I haven't had any REAL problems out of it. The only thing I can complain about (and it's minimal) is that the volume rocker is sometimes triggered by just applying pressure on the case where the rocker is located. My fingers usually stay away from that part of the phone anyway, unless im intentionally trying to turn the volume up or down.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
The only thing I can complain about (and it's minimal) is that the volume rocker is sometimes triggered by just applying pressure on the case where the rocker is located. My fingers usually stay away from that part of the phone anyway, unless im intentionally trying to turn the volume up or down.

cut that part out, other people have done it with great results. i'm planning on doing it as soon as i get one to replace the one i turned pink:oops:

Kevio

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
Rachet City
cut that part out, other people have done it with great results. i'm planning on doing it as soon as i get one to replace the one i turned pink:oops:
hmmm...amazingly I have never thought about doing that. Let me find my Xacto knife! :laugh2:

EDIT: It's not perfect...but the case actually fits better on that side of the phone now that I have cut off the volume rocker protector. I like it!

kanustep

Aug 10, 2008
Anyone here from Europe with great cases? I still can't find many accessories here, but maybe I'm seeking in the wrong way.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
hmmm...amazingly I have never thought about doing that. Let me find my Xacto knife! :laugh2:

EDIT: It's not perfect...but the case actually fits better on that side of the phone now that I have cut off the volume rocker protector. I like it!

nice job, looks great!

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
ArEa_CoDe_415: is the left side bottom of the rubber lower than the right side bottom? I just got my black rebel capsule and it is ever so slightly lower than the right side... very minor, but noticeable.

thanks.

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
ArEa_CoDe_415: is the left side bottom of the rubber lower than the right side bottom? I just got my black rebel capsule and it is ever so slightly lower than the right side... very minor, but noticeable.

thanks.
yes, the bottom left side on both of my cases is slightly lower than the right side.