Post your battery life here

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I've been doing all these.....I don't know WTF is up today.... :p
I'd use it like you typically do and see how the life is. I don't think the indicator is all that accurate, especially when it's close to full or full.

According to what I've read, if you use the phone in a weak signal area (phone or EDGE) it also uses more power than if you have a good strong signal. Maybe that has something to do with what you're seeing today? (just a suggestion).

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I'd use it like you typically do and see how the life is. I don't think the indicator is all that accurate, especially when it's close to full or full.

According to what I've read, if you use the phone in a weak signal area (phone or EDGE) it also uses more power than if you have a good strong signal. Maybe that has something to do with what you're seeing today? (just a suggestion).
Yeah, i've been arguing that point in another thread, all morning. lol
Nah, i've got a full 5 bars right now. ;)

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah, i've been arguing that point in another thread, all morning. lol
Nah, i've got a full 5 bars right now. ;)
So keep an eye on it the rest of the day then.. .maybe try doing a hard reset just for good measure (I've sometimes found when I do that, it comes back on with the battery showing more life than where it was previously).

I'm hoping for a software update that fixes the battery indicator problems :)

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
So keep an eye on it the rest of the day then.. .maybe try doing a hard reset just for good measure (I've sometimes found when I do that, it comes back on with the battery showing more life than where it was previously).

I'm hoping for a software update that fixes the battery indicator problems :)
Yeah, it would be nice if they addressed this in an update. I'm not too worried about it for now, as I'm sure it has it's reasons for showing that, or it's just a bug. Either way, there's no way it'll die completely before I get it home to charge it.....wait a second, what am I talkin' about? This is why I bring my extra iPod cord with me to work every day! DUH! haha

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
i keep my brightness at around 50%, its plenty bright for me.

ive used the phone about 7 hrs now and its almost at the 20% mark but not quite. like i said, 1hr out of that 7 was watching a movie so that counts for more.. i do not turn wifi off, i think its a pain in the ass to go on and off at the house.

the battery was full for a long time then all the sudden dropped to 60% out of no where.. it appears the battery indicator is not very accurate

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Funny thing is, now i'm listening to the iPod, and it's going nowherel. lol

ive noticed the ipod hardly takes any battery out of this thing, its the video (obviously) and calls for me that do the msot damage.. although i spend more time ipoding and internetting so thats prob why i get such great battery

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
yes. ipod function can last up to 24 hours.
but its the video that drink a lot of juice power
i just played some videos and it jumped down a notch.
not to mention i turned off wifi and watch videos, but still it gets pretty warm. did this happen to anybody? first it will get hot and then turn warm and stay like that until i stop using it

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
Okay so here's my usage report:

Usage: 10 Hours, 0 Minutes
Stand By: 1 Day, 2 Hours

Talk-Time: 6 Hours
WiFi Internet: 2 Hours
iPod: 2 Hours

It died while I was listening to my music...it gave me the 5% Battery Life warning, then it died. Oh yeah my LCD version is the 5 series.

Last edited by a moderator:

hexonxonx

Silver
I ended up getting 2 days and 6 hours on my last charge. Usage was 13 hours 31 minutes. I had made about 10 calls, most of that time was iPod and about an hour internet use using wifi.

On my current charge, I have standby 8 hours 29 minutes, usage 1 hour 44 minutes. Battery indicator shows a full battery still. All of the usage so far was iPod. It won't be getting allot of usage till I go back to work tomorrow night.

vanslam

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i have about 60% power left with 5 hours and 37 mns of usage and 12 hours and 45 mins of stand by. I use to never get much past 4 hours until I shut of wifi when not using it. I never got a full charge using recharger only using the MAC USB.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I am at 50% with 4 hours and 5 minutes usage. 13 hours stand by with talk time at 2 hours. One hour was spent listening to music, the other surfing the web. I to have a 5* series screen and I can tell you I am getting better battery life with this one then the other ones I had.

falsetigerlimbs

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
Well mine is really inaccurate right now. It says I have 14 hours, 2 minutes of usage, and 1 day, 11 hours of standby. That's just because I charged it for an hour or so last night.

I do get really good battery life, but I haven't tried to count exactly how many hours of usage I'm getting, and what functions I have been using.

I'll do that. :)

And I have the series five LCD screen

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
usage: 3 hours and 35 minutes.
standby: 1 day and 7 hours.

still at about 50%

I'd say that's pretty good...

idk, my other phone would die after a day of standby and barely using it.

edit:

Usage: 5 hours and 35 minutes
Standby: 1 day, 10 hours

20% mark.

gonna charge it now. ^_^

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Okay so here's my usage report:

Usage: 10 Hours, 0 Minutes
Stand By: 1 Day, 2 Hours

Talk-Time: 6 Hours
WiFi Internet: 2 Hours
iPod: 2 Hours

It died while I was listening to my music...it gave me the 5% Battery Life warning, then it died. Oh yeah my LCD version is the 5 series.
OK.. I can see under your usage screen it says "iPhone has been plugged in since the last full charge".. so you connected it to your computer or you charged it a little bit... if you've plugged in like that, that's not an accurate usage count

Last edited by a moderator: