Post your battery life here

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
OK.. I can see under your usage screen it says "iPhone has been plugged in since the last full charge".. so you connected it to your computer or you charged it a little bit... if you've plugged in like that, that's not an accurate usage count
ohh okay, i see it now, i'll try this again and report tomorrow.

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Man I'm always around 4-7 hours of usage and I'm a heavy user, Mostly using safari at work on wifi. Not many phone calls, And Listening to music here and there.

I have a 5 Lcd series.

I mostly charge everynight.

tazcalvin

Jul 24, 2007
so am I getting good battery life?

Man I'm always around 4-7 hours of usage and I'm a heavy user, Mostly using safari at work on wifi. Not many phone calls, And Listening to music here and there.

I have a 5 Lcd series.

I mostly charge everynight.
I am a heavy data user. I only use edge to use safari, you tube and email. I usually get 4.5 hours of usage and 10.5 standby hours. But thing is 4hours usage was used very continusly. As of now I have 1/5 battery left.
So I'm wondering my battery life is good or bad. because Im seeing ppl getting more usage hours than what I'm getting now.
should I return it? Or is it okay?
btw i got v7 screen

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Well after reading that someone turned off the auto-brightness, I decided to do the same the other day. I unplugged the phone I think Saturday morning when I got up. I finally plugged it in this morning at 2am and the battery meter was reading around 1/8 battery left and when I plugged it in the large meter read probably 1/3 battery. So that's almost 3 days of use. During that time, I probably listened to the ipod for a total of 5 or 6 hours, watched a 40 minute tv show, checked e-mail, weather, stocks probably 6 times total, took probably 6 calls, checked VM a couple times and was on Safari for a total of probably 15 minutes or so total.

I probably didn't need to charge it, but I didn't want to be caught with a dead battery today. That's the thing, I want to drain the batter down to like 10% and the charge full, but it almost never works out. This thing charges full in like 3 hours also.

The auto brightness feature seems counter intuitive to me. I would've thought that having that option on would conserve batter, but I think that having it off is the way to go. I just put the brightness on about 30% and it seems to work fine in most situations.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
It's amazing how much power the BT radio sucks out of this thing! Yesterday was the first time I've gotten below around 50% - it totally drained! I had a 30 minute conference call that I used my BT headset for. Other than that, it was normal use all day. Aside from two hours yesterday morning, the WiFi radio was off! By 9pm, the phone was drained to the point where I had to plug it in for about 10 minutes to get it to turn on.

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
When you say iPod part of the iPhone are you saying just the music?

I wouldn't think you could get 9hours of usage from Music and Movies.

D-

ajth87

Jul 25, 2007
Usage: 5 hrs 30 min. (internet and ipod mostly)
Standby: 20 hrs 40 min.
50% remaining battery.

ajth87

Jul 25, 2007
update on battery life. well i have the 5 series screen and my stats are:
Usage: 8 hrs. 40 min. (includes ipod, internet,weather, and some calls)
Standby: 1 day 22hrs.

My iPhone seems to be getting good battery life and i am satisfied. i see the low numbers for the 7 series screen. What is the difference between the two that might be the cause to this?

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i have the 5series lcd version of the screen and i got 48 hours of stand by and 3 hours and 37 mins of usage and i still have 2/5th of the battery left is this good or bad?

havoc234

Jul 27, 2007
in a single charge im getting around 5:30 use and almost 2 day stand by
with a little more then 20 percent left if I remember correctly from last night.
I assume it would get close to 7 if I ran it all the way down which I haven't yet.

this is according to the usage indicators by the way. my use is like this:
listening to the ipod off and on.
email check at every hour.
screen a tad over half brightness.
remember watching a episode of the office maybe 1 and a half episodes.
made a couple short calls nothing over 5-10 minutes.
browse internet on wifi pretty much only.

louveres

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Grayslake, Illinois
The battery life on my iPhone seems to be getting worse. The question I have is how do i reset the usage counter under "time since last charge" ? Also looks like I never get a full charge, is there a way to fix that?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
u can reset it when u go down the list under usage and it auto resets when u get a ful charge to get a full charge you have 2 leave it on theer for a coupl of hours even though it will say Its full ull have to wait until u get the PLug sign in the battery

hiphop101

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
After using Safari, do you have to turn off the internet to reserve battery life...if there is an option to turning off the internet?

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I have had mine 2 weeks and have not been able to get it to display the usage/standby numbers, just a "-". I have recharged it to full, with the little plug logo in the upper right corner, and still no statistics. Is this a software issue?

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
i found out that my iPhone gets like 3 hrs talk time broken up in one hr intervals and 13 hrs standby. Sometimes I do a fullcharge and as soon as I unplug it it says 10% battery life. So I drained it out and did another full charge and it was fine. I found it a bit strange because it was so hot when I charged it overnite

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I have had mine 2 weeks and have not been able to get it to display the usage/standby numbers, just a "-". I have recharged it to full, with the little plug logo in the upper right corner, and still no statistics. Is this a software issue?

try draining your battery then charging again?